So I want to lose weight

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by crunchy, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crunchy

crunchy ๏̯͡๏)

Hay broly crew :wavey: I'm 6' probably 230 right now, 19 years of age. I have no idea what my BF% is other than to say it's way too high for my liking. My diet is pretty crappy because I live in a dorm and am usually pretty busy but I eat healthy when I can. Next year when I'm in an apartment and have a kitchen this should improve. So basically what I want to do is lose a bunch of fat without having to watch what I eat very closely. I'm aware that if I want a six pack I'll have to diet, but obviously at this point that's not what I'm going for. If I get stronger cool, if not I don't really care right now. I realize it's all about diet and blah blah blah but considering the constraints I have outlined here, how should I go about losing a bunch of fat ASAP?

2. solarian

solarian ya heard

work out

3. therealdeal

therealdeal New Member

Have you tried cutting your calories and exercising? I know it's a bold suggestion but I feel the need to throw it out there.

4. HardTech

HardTech hungry

well, you can start off by going to the gym and lifting weights and increasing your cardio... it's going to suck, but give it 3 months and you'll feel a lot better

clean up your diet too.. if you want to keep on eating like shit, eat smaller portions. This requires a lot of self control

5. NUDES

NUDES New Member

posts like yours are just recipes for failure. you are basically asking "how do i lose fat while doing no work".. you will not succeed.

6. crucialkc

crucialkc the earth is flat

look up HIIT, do it, and eat as clean as you can. as a rule of thumb, always try to eat the protein portion of your meal first, then the rest later. example: you're eating chicken, rice, veggies. try to get full off the chicken before you pig out on carbs and fat

7. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

living in a dorm is a shit excuse for a shit diet

get a fuckin burner, cook brown rice, get a foreman, grill frozen chicken (that you store in the freezer in your fuckin dorm fridge)

I lost 40 lbs in 8 weeks on that diet

stop drinking pop fatass

drink lots of water

do HIIT for no less than 30 minutes a day 4-5 days a week and then follow that with as much lifting as you can do. youll be skinny in no time chubby

8. rOOster14

rOOster14 New Member

hey OP, im in the same boat, 6ft 215...except i have a bit more motivation i think...
    first of all in my opinion you should drop the ASAP attitude.
    im a sophomore at Miami and i have gotten up to 215 from being 190 my senior year...after dropping from 248 between my soph/junior summer and when i graduated.
    im pretty athletic but i have let my self go to the wayside as of late but im getting back on track.
    my .02 either get involved with a serious club sport or just take it upon yourself to take advantage of the Rec at your school. oh and run, its free...its the best for you and thats that.
    as for eating, pay attention to waht you eat in the dorm, there is usually a shit ton of rice/chicken meals as well as salad bar/fruit...water, skim milk...all the stuff you need to moderate your diet and couple your exercise.
    cliffs: its not as hard as you think, run more eat less, drink more water and cut out the beer.

9. crunchy

crunchy ๏̯͡๏)

I actually do have a rice maker and a foreman, though it's always an interesting challenge using the foreman because the smoke detector is sensitive as fuck.

10. crunchy

crunchy ๏̯͡๏)

You're a moran. ASAP means as soon as possible. I didn't say I wanted to lose 40 pounds by tomorrow.

EDIT: Read the rest of the post, it contains more info than the first line would lead me to believe. As far as club sports, do they expect you not to suck? My friend does rugby and that sounds kinda fun but I've never played. I'll have to ask him about it.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2008
  11. crunchy

crunchy ๏̯͡๏)

Thanks asshole, I was looking for more what kinds of exercises would be most effective for someone in my situation

12. crunchy

crunchy ๏̯͡๏)

I want to do work but I want it to be physical, not diet wise. :o

13. PepsiMax

PepsiMax New Member

Change your attitude, it sucks.

14. kilian

kilian You've got quite a treasure there in that Horadric OT Supporter

Someone post the dave tate video about lifting 3-4 times/week and eating right versus lifting/working out 5 times per week at 3-4hours per session and eating crappy.

15. NUDES

NUDES New Member

never seen that, in for link

16. kilian

maybe it wasn't tate, might have been wendler, just know it really clicked with me.

17. kilian

Fuck why can't I find this vid. I thought it was from the boston seminar but I'm not finding it.

18. crunchy

crunchy ๏̯͡๏)

I hate you. :wtc: I need to pick up some proteinz, because I'm pretty positive I don't get enough of those. Which brand tastes the least like molten asshole?

19. PepsiMax

PepsiMax New Member

I don't even taste it. Just mix it with hot water and chug it.:hs:

20. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

no idea

nobody has ever talked about that here before

21. rOOster14

rOOster14 New Member

while i would argue that im not a moron, i was just commenting on the biggest obstacle you are going to face is yourself and your attitude. ASAP means as soon as possible, which is synonymous with "i want it now." this shit doesnt happen over night, it is a slow gradual thing that requires a lot of determination. and as far as club sports go, a lot of club sports totally welcome beginners, i started rowing last fall for Miami...first time i had ever gotten in a shell and i love it...just find something you think you would enjoy, read about it and decide to do it...and commit.

22. therealdeal

therealdeal New Member

The same ones as any able bodied person...

Your first post makes it seems as if you have all these barriers for your goals but the truth is you don't have any except your obvious laziness. Honestly, who has the attitude "I want to lose weight ASAP but don't want to change my diet and I don't know what activities to do.' As NUDES said, it's obvious you're setting yourself up for failure.

23. crunchy

crunchy ๏̯͡๏)

Fucking hell, there are more elitist faggots here than in beer crew :ugh: I didn't say I had any fucking insurmountable barriers and I'm quite aware that laziness (well, I'd like to call it lack of proper prioritization to make myself feel better lulz) is what got me into my current situation. I came to get info on the kinds of exercises I should be doing because obviously a muscle building regimen is different than a fat loss regimen so I'd rather have a decent idea of what I should be doing as opposed to some random helter skelter shit I thought up on a whim. God forbid somebody's goals not include being at 8%BF while having ridiculous bench/dead/squat numbers.

24. crunchy

crunchy ๏̯͡๏)

Of course I want it now. That doesn't mean I think I'm going to get it now, Christ. I'm not retarded, I know it takes some time to lose weight the same way it took some time to get fat. As far as club sports, which along with HIIT have been the only suggestions of any value in this thread, I spoke with my rugby friend and he said they're completely cool with me being in shitty shape and not knowing jack shit about rugby so I'll be hitting up a practice next week. :coold:

25. crunchy

crunchy ๏̯͡๏)

Why hot water? That seems like it would make it suck more though I suppose it would help it to dissolve. I guess I'll just get a tub of whatever I find at the store and do the chug method :hs:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.