so i want to get my first cell phone...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Akimbo, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Akimbo

Akimbo New Member

Mostly looking at Alltell. I wanna spend like 30 bucks a month. Is this possible? I want free nights weekends, mobile to mobile, and I donno how many any time minutes or whatever. Can anyone make some suggestions? And what about phones? What's cheap? I'm not spendy nor am i 'tech trendy'.

2. My Dixie Wrecked

My Dixie Wrecked STFU & get the ball!!! OT Supporter

looking at alltell's website, the cheapest unlimited mobile to mobile and N&W is $50/mo. which is the same for cingular and probably the same for other carriers. the cheapest alltell plan is $30 for 300 anytime and that's it. no M2M or N&W. I suggest you check all the carriers in your area and see which have the best coverage. As for phones, it's mostly based on preference. What do you want it for? Talking, web, camera, games, etc. Most popular though are motorola, nokia, sony ericcson, and samsung. I've personally used moto, nokia and LG. I prefer nokia over moto's and LG is in a shithole. Like I said, check around, see what you like. All carriers offer different phones. Some other places to check out is www.howardforums.com for info about carriers and phones. www.phonescoop.com has phone reviews.