GUN so i want to buy a G43

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by nvmicok, Jun 25, 2004.

1. nvmicok

nvmicok Guest

here is what one looks like

[​IMG]

but i need $2200 :wtc:

2. Painkiller

Painkiller The Synarchy of Molten Bones

cool nostalgia piece, but M1A>that. :o

3. david_4x4

david_4x4 New Member

I have a couple plus an M-954. I enjoy shooting them. If you can find one with an original scope, mount , and good condition gun for $2200 then buy it up. We just went by my dads friends gun shop today to see what the prices were around the DFW area and the cheapest one was $3500.

Rumor has it that a deal is on the table to bring in numerous G-41(w) and G-43 that are left in Russian storage facilities. How many I don't know but enough that the prices would drop drastically.

G-43:
    http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-12/562442/DSCN0340.JPG

M-954:
    http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-12/562442/DSCN0342.JPG

4. david_4x4

david_4x4 New Member

That rifle was developed based off of the Russian SVT-40 semi automatic rifle. The German started off with a gas trap design semi-automatic rifle, the G-41(m) and G-41(w), ( w=walther, m=mauser) just like the Americans with the gas trap garand. And like our gas trap garands, the Germans had troubles with their G-41(m) and (w). They captured some of the Russian SVT-38 and 40 rifles during the war in Russia and studied their gas designs. The German army went with G-41 (w) rifle as the main receiver function and just improved on it's gas system, basically copied the Russian design.

The G-43 did play a minor impact on the design of the MP-43,44, STG-44. The german army tested several select fire G-43 and made several able to accept MG-15 magazines. But 8mm in full auto in a 10lb rifle didnt work to well.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2004
  5. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

There are some really cheap ones in Iraq, and the goverment is currently offering all expenses paid trips there.
    My worthless cousin in the 101st forget to bring me home one when he was there. He says most are in pretty good shape considering how old they are. I wonder if the Soviets sold them to Saddam or the East Germans.

6. nvmicok

nvmicok Guest

whats the difference between a G/K43 and the M-954?

7. nvmicok

nvmicok Guest

no dice

8mm mauser > all

8. david_4x4

david_4x4 New Member

Well after WW2 when lots of Germans were fleeing the country and a lot wound up in Brazil. The Brazilian govt. was looking for a semi automatic rifle to issue to their troops. With the large number of german influence they expeimented with the M-954.
    It's 30-06 and uses a modified BAR magazine. It was manufactured by the Imbel firm in Brazil, the same firm that manufactured FALs and current FAL receivers. Its thought that the bolts and forward parts of the receiver are left overs from the WW2 manufacture of G/K-43's that were brought to Brazil from Germany (based off the fact that these are the roughest parts of the gun). They beefed up the design of the receiver and the gas system, threaded the muzzle for for the adptation of a grenade launcher, and added a gas cut off switch. The M-954 never went into production and only around 300 were ever produced, most were destroyed and a few wound up being imported by Springfireld Armory in the early 90's. It remains one of the scarcest G/K-43 variants known.

9. nvmicok

nvmicok Guest

so i bought one today!!! it should be here by next week. vet bring back. the scope mount was milled off in the factory :wtc:

10. david_4x4

david_4x4 New Member

Sweet what are the codes?

11. ryanbum

ryanbum Its the one that says Bad Mother Fucker on it

You know your shit about guns. Maybe you should have a special on the History Channel

12. nvmicok

nvmicok Guest

ac44 reccever is walther.