A&P So I want to buy a 20D..

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by OkiDiver, Jun 25, 2006.

1. OkiDiver

OkiDiver New Member

About to start doing a lot of traveling soon and I'm using it as an excuse to finally spend some money on myself.

Been looking around for some deals on a Cannon 20D. I'm going to be spending a while in the desert and want to get some good landscape shots so I'll probably get good use out of a telephoto and wide angle.

Found this kit which seems really cheap, looked up some reviews on the lenses but most of them sounded like Canon sackriding, nothing bad to say.

Just curious if this actually is a deal or what type of lenses I should look at getting before I leave.

2. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

The lenses are cheap & reasonable, but far from good. If your just taking photos of scenery they should be fine. Use a tripod whenever you can.

3. Derrict

Derrict No, I am not Amish OT Supporter

If you're willing to buy used, a 20D can be found for $750-850. The money you save from buying new can be put towards a wide angle lens, such as the Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 ($460 new, $400 used). The kit lens is a little soft but it will hold people over until they can afford a better lens. If you can afford it, I'd buy just the body and get a seperate lens.

4. LEXTC

LEXTC Guest

5. SpiderOnTheFloor

SpiderOnTheFloor New Member

think there are used ones already? Its a pretty new lens.

6. Derrict

Derrict No, I am not Amish OT Supporter

saw one last week for $410 shipped/paypaled