A&P So I tried making my first time lapse photo and in the process.......................

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by LowLikeWhoaF150, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Today is a really crappy day, rain and thunderstorms everywhere. The clouds are crazy so I figured I'd get some nice shots of the clouds. Anyways I started off shooting IMG_9244 or somewhere around there. Anyways I was afraid I was going to break my cable release because of how many times I had pressed the button today. Well when I got home I thought to myself.... "shit I probably already hit 10,000 clicks!! :eek4:" So I dropped everything and looked at the last image to see what the number of the last image taken was..........

Last Image was.......... IMG_9999 :wtc:

I feel like I need to bring it to the canon repair shop to get the oil changed or something like it's a car :mamoru: Nah but I think for it's 10,000 click I'll get it a nice present. :naughty:

Anyways my time lapse photo's are kinda short. I really hate all the clickin and every time I pressed the button it was like someone pinching my arm. That's like camera torture!! i can see if I had more than one camera but for now this camera is my baby!!!!!!! :love:

I didn't use any of the programs that you guys were going crazy over. I just sat down for about 30 minutes clicking away. Now I'm home using IrfanView to resize my photos, after that's done I'm opening flash, doing the thing, picking out a cool song, then hosting :coold: Hopefully I won't be more than an hour.....

so at 10:00pm Est look for some cool shit right here :mamoru: :greddy:

2. lol who's the genious who said they had to import each image frame by frame into flash?!? :hsugh: :bowrofl: I should be done in like 15 minutes... :rofl:

3. wisie

wisie New Member

If only there was a simple DIY kit for replacing the shutter.. Hurry up and post your clip too

4. lol aw fuck, I made it too big!!!!!!!!!! I was testing the movie and my whole computer just shut off!!!!!!!!!! :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

I'm going to cut split it. There is 2 seperate scenes anyways :hs: :wiggle:

5. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

Maybe your computer was plugged straight into the wall :rolleyes:

6. nicklk

nicklk New Member

Haha, have fun! I give you a few more hours before you get a good version;)

7. nicklk

nicklk New Member

What are you resizing your images to?

8. 728 x 485 pretty big but clear as hell, it's like watching a movie :eek3:

I'm all done resizing and the vid is finished, I'm just 30% on uploading the final fla file to the host :coold:

9. This thing is pretty big, post speeds... :coold:

I will probably take it down in a couple of days so I my bandwidth doesn't get raped!!!

Right Click > Save Target As...
    www.sukistyle.com/shoot/time/time.swf

10. :coold: can't wait to hear the first opinion :mamoru: :greddy:

11. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

120K/s

slowed to 70 :o

12. Dam.. How much time?

13. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

another 20 secs :cool:

14. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

wow, pretty cool scene, is it near where you live?

It doesnt seem to have enough time compression, maybe a higher framerate & needs a more drastic change in the scene (day to night, clear to storm etc).

cool though!

15. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

also the music is a bit long, turns into a cacophony if you let it run a couple of times. It is probably hurting the file size too ;)

16. :coold: thanks, yeah that's like 20 minutes away from where I live, the area this was taken is like a big crabbing area. A renta-cop actually pulled up to me and asked me what I was doing so I stopped and showed him. I was like :mad: because he messed up my scene but then I was like :coold: when he was like "wow that's amazing what you can do with cameras these days!" :naughty:

In the daylight it looks nice but in the low lighting due to the storm like today the place looks kinda creepy!! :bigthumb: :run:

17. :o :uh:

18. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

19. nicklk

nicklk New Member

140/k...excited to see what its like!!

20. nicklk

nicklk New Member

Looks really good!!!! What compression quality did you use?

21. nicklk

nicklk New Member

I am heading out of town tommorow, I was wanting to go downtown Denver and take some shots, but I am going to do that next weekend!

22. :dunno: This is my first time lapse thingy, I went in blind.

This is my step by step run down.

1. Upload photos to computer
    2. Resize using IrfanView (dimensions mentioned earlier in this thread) saved as jpg (high quality)
    3. Open Flash pro8
    4. Use some flash knowledge, school FTW
    5. upload to ftp
    6. profit

240 pics, total time to make = approx 45 minutes. I had to do it twice becuase my computer shut down and I had to start over again from scratch because I always forget rule #1 in BAsic Programming 101 (always save before you test your program). Now that I've done this once I'm sure my next attempt would be quicker.

I don't know if that answers your question. I don't know what you guys were talking about using some canon software and downloading this and that.. When the the thread started talkign about that shit I was like :iough:

23. My second one that I did was at a McDonalds parking lot.. :mamoru:

Tons of action there :coold:

I had to do it inside my truck though because there's all kinda ghetto people where I was at. I didn't want to have some Ignorant people come up at me for no reason... :ugh:

I had another good idea for one if anyone wants to try it. A busy entrance/exit to a building, example, mall entrance, fast food @ lunch time, but you have to be back far away so that people woudlnt see you... :coold: Also a busy intersection at the highway would be a cool idea!

24. nicklk

nicklk New Member

Damn it, this is the step I am not knowledgable at, AT ALL. Although I brought the compression quality to 50% just now and I got his out of my version:

Right click save.....this is at 800x600
    http://www.nicklk.com/videos/firstattempt.swf