so I tried cleaning the jeeps carpets with water/woolite mixture

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by 93CivicEX, Aug 3, 2005.

1. 93CivicEX

93CivicEX Charming, Dashing, Rental car bashing

cause Ive read for years about how great it works.

first off, thank GOD they were carpets from the jeep, and I could take em out and lay em in the driveway first...

second, I agree... it works really well for cleaning.... I mixed a cup of woolite with about 1/3 a bucket of water, and went at it with a nylon scrub brush. worked great...

right up to the point where I started to rinse them out... took me an hour to rinse just the one little flat piece that goes on the floor in the back. I decided to just rent a steam cleaner to do the rest. fuck this :o

2. Ardentfrost

Ardentfrost Jesus is so f*kin' metal

I think you might have been using too much woolite perhaps?

I put the mixture suggested in these forums (something like 6 parts water and 1 part woolite) in a squirt bottle and applied it directly to stains. Then I used a scrub brush to work it til the stain lifted. Finally I dried it with hand towel. Woolite has a very light smell, so even though once I finished the inside did smell cleaner, it wasn't over whelming (like using a real detergent would have been). After I finished the inside, I started to do the carpet inserts, but they were 3 years old and pretty tromped, so I just bought new ones.

Now the inside of my car looks tons better than it did. I think there was only one stain I couldn't lift all the way.

3. 93CivicEX

93CivicEX Charming, Dashing, Rental car bashing

yeah. probably too much woolite...

it sure as hell did a good job of cleaning them though.

I left them in the driveway, and it rained... theres a puddle of suds at the bottom of the driveway now from the rainstorm :rofl:

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I agree you probably used too much Woolite. I also agree that it works best applying it via a spray bottle. BTW, it works on all interior surfaces. :)

5. FaziWazi

FaziWazi Bawlin

what type of brush? pic?