SRS So...I took my ex off my Facebook friends..

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Chickenbum, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Chickenbum

Chickenbum TOTW Winnar & Fav '06 ;)

Hey all

Im not sure if you guys know my story, but quick backstory, GF broke up with me 6 weeks ago, she had someone lined up and is now "dating him"

anyways, she was on my facebook friends and i felt that she was going out of her way to put updates on there about how awesome her life is now and how after her new date it was the best day ever...etc...

so tonight i left a message on her facebook wall, yeah it was kinda nasty, but it let me get a few things off my chest, i removed her from my friends list, and all her friends from my friends list and today is the first day of the rest of my life.

From now on I simply dont care and dont want to know anything about her, i was hoping it wouldnt be this way but i was a fool to think it would be any different.

So...today i close the book, the final chapter is done, tomorrow is a new day.

Jim

2. the ground folds

the ground folds rest your trigger on my finger

way to go. shouldve taken her off once you guys broke up.

3. Dysfnctnl85

Dysfnctnl85 IT/Apple/Rotary/(D)SLR Crew

I've thought about doing the same thing...I haven't yet though.

Excellent choice in moving on though.

4. Kirbys Autumn

Kirbys Autumn Mrs. Kirby McSpic

. :)

5. verdiocchi

verdiocchi Oh snap!

Definitely a smart but tough move. Congrats on having the will power.

6. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Excellent job man. It takes a lot of willpower to do that kind of thing, but in the long run it really will ultimately help you get over her :bigthumb:

7. Bailey

Bailey OT Supporter

Smart move. I hope you didn't look too stupid with whatever you posted on her wall, but deleting her and her friends was a smart move.

8. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

Good job bruh, you do what you have to.

9. PunkInDrublic

PunkInDrublic Active Member

I took my gf off facebook when we broke up because I knew she would most likely do the exact same thing. Don't forget to set yours to private. Especially if you're like me and don't expect recovering anytime soon. :hs:

It will at the very least empower her less when she doesn't know what you're up to.

Stick to your guns though. I can't tell you how many times I've "unblocked" her on gmail for a second just to see if her status is green or orange. Stupid things like that because I have nightmares about what she's doing without me. It is extremely hard to get over.

If you have the balls, delete any pictures you have of her and maybe even notes/letters :)noes:)

Take care,

10. ///M Pilot

///M Pilot New Member

Why bother with the wall post?

If a chick did that to me after we broke up, it would just solidify some of the reasoning for getting rid of her...

11. kEVOgt350

kEVOgt350 Like a flashlight on but lost, my energy's there b

Yea, I was thinking the same thing. If you're going to forget about her then forget about her and move on. No point in having the last word or defending yourself. If you don't plan on including her or her friends in your life anymore then what's the point.

I'm glad you got over it, but be aware that full closure is a mental thing. This "final statement" you made was unnecessary, but if it allows you to move on faster then so be it.

12. Mr. Kitty Litter

Mr. Kitty Litter OT Supporter

I've been thinking of doing the same. It would be the last step for me, really.
    I find myself checking her profile for updates, new pictures, etc...

I get mad when I think about her and her bullshit, tell myself I'm gona do it, then I just can't make that final click.

:hs:

13. Dysfnctnl85

I feel the same way. I'll get to that point eventually. I even thought about limiting my profile to her and her friends...I dunno, sounds so lame, I know.

14. Mr. Kitty Litter

Mr. Kitty Litter OT Supporter

It's not lame. It's real feelings.

Take a read through this thread - you're not the only one who does this. :p

I dunno, I keep thinking that she will, one day, realize what she is throwing away, and how her actions are affecting me. But then again, when I think about the actual act of her cheating on me, it's like "man, fuck that bitch".

Emotions. Oh how they fluctuate.

15. Dysfnctnl85

That's *exactly* how I feel when I think about it. Everyone tells me she will realize what a mistake she made...it's too late for things to ever be the same without starting completely over.

16. Chickenbum

yeah at first i was the same...thinking she gave up such a good thing...she will realise what she is missing out on...

but the reality is that girls dont think that much...they live in the now...my ex is now with a 4th year med student who is better than me in every way, he is younger, better looking, smarter, better career, and into the same music and shit as my ex.

Fact...they wont come back, cut your ties.

I told my ex after she broke up with me that i would never want her back, as much as id fuck her again, i wouldnt put up with her shit ever again.

17. Dysfnctnl85

Someone on here said that success is the greatest revenge. I want to be successful for me, too...

18. Chickenbum

My ex is just finishing her final year of mechanical engineering...so i know she is going to be succesful and chase the money, but that bitch is gonna be miserable i tell you..hope she dies in a plane crash.

19. Chickenbum

on the flipside i have an interview on friday next week for a MASSIVE job (120k/year) so hopefully if i get that ...she will hear about it (not from me) and be pissed.

but then again a mech eng could easily earn that money...pity she would never spend it on anyone apart from herself, you know the kind, Dolce & Gabbana glasses, Burberry handbag, etc...

20. PunkInDrublic

I know what you mean. I feel like it's part of the reason so many girls are hard to hold on to. They just don't realize what they have and half the time they don't even when it's gone. They get so caught up in the "newness" of a relationship that it seems it's so easy for them to forget you.

Or maybe I'm talking out my ass, I don't know. All I know is it was so easy for my ex to start dating other people, whereas I'll sit here and talk to a single girl and it just feels terrible. I just want it to be my ex, but without the problems she/we/i had.

21. Chickenbum

yeah over time that will change, but you are right, its easier for a girl to pick up than a guy.

I would never want to get back with my ex, i think she is a horrible person now, and all i need is the chance with a hot chick and it will be in the bag i tell ya.

22. PunkInDrublic

Heh, yeah. I know my ex is a terrible person as well, which just makes the pain worse because no matter how you rationalize it, you just know there's no way you'll ever get the good things back without fucking yourself over even more.

Now what it takes to get another awesome girl (hot/great personality/whatever) is a completely different story. I don't deny that would be ridiculously helpful, but achieving that goal is almost as hard as getting over an ex :\ (for me at least)

23. Dysfnctnl85

I through rationality out the window long ago!

24. soopa7fly

soopa7fly stupid :06:

i cant even describe how crazy it is that im going through the EXACT same thing right now. its fuckin tough to get over but youre doing the right thing.

25. minhtos

minhtos OT Supporter

props to you man. I started feeling a lot more positive about myself and life once i cut the ex out of my life.