SRS So i thought today was gonna be a good day..

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by CaliAtenza, Oct 3, 2007.

1. CaliAtenza

CaliAtenza New Member

aRGGHHHH...im sooo pissed right now!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] ...at my gf's dad and the whole situation! Ok so here is the whole deal: Im flying back to india on sunday to start college again and my gf was supposed to fly back with me as well (she goes to school with me there too). So im on my way to my clinical rotation this morning when i call her up and she tells me..."oh dont be mad, but i have some bad news...". Im like, "ok..just tell me" (im thinking its something about me not being able to see her this week or something before we leave)...but no, it turns out her dad has booked her on a different airline than me and didnt tell her till like right then for reasons god only knows [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]. He then proceeds to tell her that he doesnt want her traveling with me cause he thinks our relationship is moving too fast (seriously it isnt..), that something might happen, that we might do something impulsive cuz we are still young, cause we have a half a day layover in malaysia, blah blah blah, usual parent crap [​IMG] . He was just giving pretty much bullshit reasons and stuff...funny thing is her mom wants us to go together [​IMG] . She was pretty pissed off too as well. And to top it all off, my rotation is in the afternoon, so i made a trip there for nothing and im sick [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] . She said she is gonna talk to her parents though...hopefully we'll be on the same flight somehow...

2. FredricaBimmel

FredricaBimmel Great big fat person

Its strange that he's worried about a day or two of travel and not the few months you'll be able to be around eachother after that? Doesn't make any sense.

3. verdiocchi

verdiocchi Oh snap!

Exactly my thoughts after reading that. Yeah, it kinda sucks you won't fly together, but you'll be in the same place on the other side so who really cares?

4. CaliAtenza

CaliAtenza New Member

ur telling me..none of it makes any sense. We've been together for 4 months (both of our parents just think its a close friendship, really nothing more). I mean yeah we will be together on the other side but she is already depressed that her exams havent gone as well as she hoped and now this...her mom wants us to fly together like i said. What pissed us both off is how she had already discussed that she was gonna fly on the same airline as me with her dad and he said that it was ok..but then he went and did this without telling her.

5. Mangina

Mangina New Member

Maaan, parents just don't understand.

6. CaliAtenza

CaliAtenza New Member

and the funniest part about teh whole thing is that her dad is way more supportive of us being together than her mom, yet in this case its her mom wanting us to be together on the flight!....gahhh i am wayyy confused :(. I think her dad is just overreacting. I told her that its cause he doesnt trust me fully even though ive met him a couple of times already and he thinks im a good person..i dunno, am i being irrational here??

7. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

he's worried that you will have sex with her before giving him the dowry

8. CaliAtenza

CaliAtenza New Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: oh god u might be right on this one :rofl::rofl::bowdown::)