So I think I suck with dating.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by knucks, Jun 17, 2008.

1. knucks

knucks Active Member

So I'm seeing this girl. We went out on an "official" date this past Friday, but she invited me over to a party that Thursday. I then saw her yesterday.

Everything has been great. She's really into me and thinks I'm really good looking and all that, which is always a plus. I like her company and it's great having something new in my life because I miss that early, cute, getting-to-know-a-person stuff.

So I guess I'm not really concerned about what she thinks of me, it seems pretty obvious. I had a casual dinner with her sister and her father yesterday as well. I was with her until around 4am this morning just kissing/laying (+some other stuff..). She didn't want me to leave for the night but I couldn't spend the night because of her father and I was really tired to pull an all-nighter with her.

So yes, I'd love to see her again. I will be home Thursday for my mother's birthday, but I will be done by evening time and told her I'd like to see her.

So here's the actual question: When do I call about it? Is it a lot less formal at this point and I can be a lot more casual regarding the ordeal? Do I still hold off contact with her until Wednesday to say contact her to confirm something? So basically, do I leave her be unless she gets in touch with me?

Basically, I hope I have made some sense, but I guess I'd like to know if I need to avoid trying to seem needy and all of that at this point:sadwavey:

2. Kleine Maus

Kleine Maus New Member

No need to play games. If you like her, do whatever seems natural to you. If she likes you, she will not be turned off by you calling her. If she doesn't, then it's good for you to know that right away.

3. knucks

knucks Active Member

That's how I feel about the situation..but I figured I always tend to do that and this is my chance to try other approaches?

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

You're already in, playing games would be really pointless. You like this girl, that much is obvious; the real question is where do you want this to go? 2 weeks ago you were dumping your long term gf and this girl was just going to be a casual fling, now you're already jumping right back into gf territory.

Is that what you want? If so then go with it, if not you need to slow down or at least remind yourself of what you are looking for relationship-wise and make sure she knows that. You meeting her family already, "casual dinner" or not it a huge step already!

5. Kleine Maus

Kleine Maus New Member

Get rid of your baggage before you embark on something new. For both of you.

Other than that, good luck :)

6. knucks

knucks Active Member

Yeah I realize the dinner was a big step, no matter how casual it was.
    What I know now is that I like being with her and I do like her, I just do not know whether I am ready for another relationship.

7. iwishyouwerebeer

Exactly my point. You need to be open with her and tell her from the start that you'd like to take it very slow because you're not sure you want to jump right into another committed relationship right now. It wouldn't be good for you or her.

8. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

1) You're thinking about this too much. Don't over-analyze the situation too much or you'll start to make decision that go against your better judgement/nature.

2) She's obviously into you... You don't have to keep playing games. Once a girl is already into a guy as much as she is into you they like knowing you think about them when they are not around. You don't have to "wait 3 days" to make a call or anything. You don't become needy until you start asking her excessive questions and intefering with her routine outside of you.

3) Be honest with her RIGHT from the start. Tell her you just got out of a serious relationship, but you like her and for the sake of both of you things need to be taken slow.
    I just got out of a very long relationship and started dating again and had to end it with a girl just the other day because she was going to fast. Don't get caught up in that.

9. LBFilmGuy

LBFilmGuy LOL why u mad tho?

You're already in dude. Jesus.

Next time you hang out, actually make a move instead of just rolling around in bed.

10. knucks

knucks Active Member

If me calling her > her calling me, should I be concerned about it at all.

I mean I know that I should not be but I can't get my mind to realize thise

11. iwishyouwerebeer

You know what's funny? You're so in your head about what is "right" and what is "wrong" for you to be doing that you aren't even realizing what is going on in the relationship.

Are you incapable of just doing what YOU want to do and going with the flow?

12. knucks

knucks Active Member

Seems like all the time in my life I have been like this. Well, I wasn't like this before my first serious relationship, but now I am, and I hate it.

I can't find the root of my problem.

13. iwishyouwerebeer

control freak?

14. giantsfan42

giantsfan42 Guest

dude, you is nasty!

it doesn't have to begin that quickly.

just give her a kiss, not force her to hump you!

OnSight, you may be giving advice, but it's corny advice.

my advice is to not act like an asswipe, and actually act like a gentleman to her! if you do that, she probably will love you.

if you take OnSight's advice, she'll probably kick the shit out of you!

just take my advice!

15. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

[MOVE]:rofl:[/MOVE]
    WTF?

16. giantsfan42

giantsfan42 Guest

look at OnSight's post!

damn retard!

there's your answer to that post idiot!

17. Abomb

Abomb New Member

giantsfan you are the biggest dumbfuck to ever grace our presence :bowdown:

18. iwishyouwerebeer

Alright, everyone please move on from OnSights post that I should've deleted from the start.

19. knucks

knucks Active Member

Most likely, yeah, control freak.

As lame as this sounds, I found some tips on dealing with women and am going to try drilling them into my head. I read over em earlier this morning and it put things in perspective for me and I'm just chilling right now :)

20. iwishyouwerebeer

Hopefully they work. I just find it so funny that you are moving into your next relationship basically.

21. knucks

knucks Active Member

I don't want to be, I still want to play the field, but she's the only person I've met so far. I'm not saying that it's just her and no one else as I haven't had the chance to meet anyone else, yet.

Granted, I don't know how I would feel if she was seeing other guys besides just me, but that's a different issue and I can't blame her for it.

22. Cumstang02

Cumstang02 New Member

Girls do it all the time.

23. iwishyouwerebeer

:uh: My point was this is the same guy who just recently dumped his long time gf to play the field more...yet here he is definitely starting a new relationship with the girl he cheated on his now ex with.

24. Cumstang02

Cumstang02 New Member

My point was that some people are prone to hoping from relationship to relationship. The cheating has no relevence to the new relationship.

25. iwishyouwerebeer

Well that was never a question in this thread...

And the cheating is relevant when the TS has already admitted to being prone to jealousy. They aren't even together and he's stressed about the fact that she has many male friends. Not to mention that if they continue to date he'll probably get all freaked out and remember how she kissed him knowing he had a gf but she didn't care. Showing that kind of disrespect for relationships in general doesn't just go away.

I personally just don't get why he's moving so fast and hope he learns to slow down. Having a tendency to jump from relationship to relationship can show that you are too afraid to be alone and never truly deal with your issues so you just jump into a new relationship in hopes they never surface again. In our TS' case he is trying to push aside his insecure/jealous issues.