So I think I screwed up my shoulder last night...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Werdna, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Werdna

Werdna Livin' the SLO Life...

Doing db shoulder press, I got it to the top, locked out, but then the db fell across my body and because I was locked out, I couldn't do anything. So the db falls across my body and my shoulder gets all tangled up. Now I'd done this before, but this one hurts the most. I woke up today and my range of motion on the shoulder is very limited.

Any idea what I did? Strained rotator cuff? I mean I ended up finishing my workout (since that was my first set), did a few more db presses and then raises etc. So simply because of that, I don't think it's that serious, just a little sore. Anything I can do to help recovery other than rest?

2. Werdna

it's feeling a little better...still fucking scary though. it looked, sounded, and felt pretty bad. :o

3. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around how the hell this could possibly happen.

4. jonno

jonno New Member

5. SteveO

SteveO Guest

same, but obviously it can't be that bad if you finished your workout. I'd give it a little rest and maybe take some anti-inflam meds

6. NickStam

NickStam Buy Low, Sell High

That happened to me once on DB shoulder press; I got to the top and some dude walked in front of me at the same time, and it was like someone chopped my arm off. Arm collapsed and the DB fell right on my kneecap. 30lber.

7. Merit83

Merit83 Your mama was a snowblower!

i was doing military press one night, and the guy that went to lift it up for me only lifted one side and my shoulder like popped out, rotated and popped back in. it hurt so bad. then i put the weight down and went to do some pullovers(triceps) and while i was going back, it popped back out and again and just fell to the ground. i had to have him pop it back in, but ever since it just hasn't been right.

8. Werdna

yup :o

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.