GUN So I think I may want to start doing reenactments. Help me find a good deal on a K98K

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BigBadJohn, Dec 17, 2006.

1. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

Was talking to Darharman and he was telling me about the reenactments he goes to. Ive been thinking about it and I think it would be cool. Not to mention its one more way fro me to soend all my money.

Just got a new issue of SN in today so Ive looked over that.
    F.G.S. Inc has an original finish K98 for $225 but the numbers are nonmatching
    As well as a P38 for $550

A couple places in there selling repro p38 holsters for $30-$40

InterOrdnance has 98K's captured with markings for $200

As well as P38's for $440
    And I am assuming P38 repro holsters for $30

Any deals out there? I dont really know of many dealers out there.
    Any other ideas on affordable WWII German pistols?

2. VanCandy

VanCandy New Member

For reenactment purposes, a pistol will be unnecessary when you start. Reason being that you usually start out in a unit as a private, and they were not issued pistols. To be issued a pistol, youll either need to be part of an MG team, an officer, or a special branch like recon. What you need to get first is the k98k. Just make sure its original german wartime or prewar manufacture and not a postwar turk or yugo or czech or whoever else made that rifle. $225 aint bad for one, most for that price range are the russian capture non matching ones, but thats ok. Its gonna get beat up so you dont want a good one.

Another pistol to look for would be the Polish Radom P-35. The Germans captured the Radom factory during the war and continued to make pistols throughout the war for themselves. They can be had for around $500, about the same as a P-38. All other ww2 german pistols are quite a bit more than that, like the Luger or Hi-Power.

That being said, you could always tag along with me an an assistant MG-gunner and carry a pistol. Just dont know if youd want to make the drive out to...Ft. Custer MI, Kendallville IN, or Findlay OH, where some of the events are located.

3. t1h

t1h Guest

4. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

5. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

Yeah. My dad just sold his unissued Radom as well as all of his astras

I think I partially just wanted a reason to get a P38
    Also, are the repro uniforms from centerfire systems any good?

I think I want to go with a $200 rearsenaled 98k from inter ordnance as well as a repro sling and some other access.

Any link to the one reenactment kit you were telling me about?

6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

7. VanCandy

VanCandy New Member

The uniforms from Centerfire look pretty decent. They appear to be made by Sturm. If they are, i can attest that they are pretty good as I own one. The others I have are made by Lost Battalions, (www.lostbattalions.com). They are more expensive, but much better quality also. Another site to check out for the stuff is www.atthefront.com