SRS so.. i think i have lost all motivation towards anything i do.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ridah626, Dec 15, 2007.

1. ridah626

ridah626 OT Supporter

i dont know its kinda weird. after high school ended i just started losing focus on everything. im 19 right now and it feels like every time i try to do something i half ass it and end up not pulling thru in anything. whether it be school or just a simple goal like learning to play a guitar. after high school ive had 2 nightmare relationships which kind of made me feel like ive lost all emotions towards anything now. i have alot of friends from high school that i still hang out with and everything but i just cant accomplish anything. i feel like everything ive tried ive failed. in high school i was not like this. i would put in extra practice hours for basketball and volleyball. but now its like eh whatevers. also when i do not like something but i know i have to do it, i end up not doing it because i didnt want to. like i feel as if i just have nothing to strive for anymore. i feel so pathetic. honestly if i didnt have friends like the ones i do now, i wouldnt be anywhere in this world.

have any of you guys had something like this? how do u overcome something. i really want change. ive told myself that i wanted to change but i never pulled thru because i dont know how to change. my whole life, my parents have supplied me with basically anything that i needed. im not blaming them but i guess because of that i really do not know how its like to really earn something. i really dont want to be like this because i know in life i will not get anywhere like that. im grateful to have the thigns that i have but i just feel like a failure in general lol.

2. dano

dano OT Supporter

Are you in college? I didn't read that in there.

You have to WANT to do things. I tried guitar too, but it's not simple. It takes a ton of dedication, and dedication I didn't WANT to give. I focused more in my schoolwork and graduated in the top 10% or something of my class.

I WANT a good job one day so I've given up a lot of my social life to buckle down and study on weekends when I could be out partying it up.

If the desire isn't there, you're never going to do anything. Find something you strive to accomplish and put all your effort into that.

If that doesn't work, nothing is wrong with getting a psych eval. Perhaps you are depressed, who knows. It's hard to diagnose someone from the internet.

3. ridah626

ridah626 OT Supporter

yeah i am currently at a community college. like in the beggining i had so much motivation in school but after my first year i was just like blah. i just dont know how to try anymore. i mean last summer all i did was party and drink. i really wasnt interested in anything else except hanging out with my friends and drinking.

4. dano

dano OT Supporter

Work and play need to be balanced. If you can't do it, you need to cut one out of the picture and obviously work comes before play.

Time to get away from that scene.

5. ridah626

ridah626 OT Supporter

yeah i know. i realized that a while ago.. but i just dont know why i cant pull thru. and plus all these little relationship problems are not helping me either.