So I think i got a yeast infection from my SO :( question inside

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by bigfundamental, Feb 6, 2008.

1. bigfundamental

bigfundamental New Member

Just started dating her like a month ago, and she was a virgin...so we've done it without a condom a couple times.

Well ive been having digestive problems, painful urination, and red bumps appeared once (all since dating her). I even gave it the spit test (which i found on the net) and it was definetly obvious.

Now i know this is curable, but here is my only question:

I need to go to the doctor, but i don't want to tell my parents. Im only 18 and still live with them...so is it possible for me to go without my parents having anyway of finding out. (ie i pay for myself, with no bill or record of appointment sent to them)

I know my mom would overreact like i am going to die, so telling them is really not a good option.

Thoughts?

2. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

How does a yeast infection cause digestive problems? That's kinda strange.

Anyways, at 18 it would be against the law for your doctor to share any info regarding your visit to him. Just go in and if your parents ask tell them you thought you might be getting the flu and wanted to take preventative measures. Even if they called the doc to ask about it the doc couldn't tell them a single thing.

3. Yahdude

Yahdude New Member

4. J-Ace24

J-Ace24 double down.

yeah, just make the visit to the doctor. if you're under their insurance it'll probably just show up as a regular visit. most likely you only have to pay the visit charge (if that) and meds.

always wear a condom. even if she was a virgin.

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

You're adult enough to have unprotected sex...but you're not adult enough to just tell your parents you need to go to a doctor? Hmm...

How do you know it's a yeast infection? Does your girlfriend have a yeast infection? Also, bumps? A male yeast infection is usually just a reddish rash, but bumps :ugh: You might wanna re-think your girlfriend being disease free...Also she needs to go to a gyno NOW if she's having sex, especially unprotected sex :rolleyes: Also to possibly be treated for a yeast infection.

You can usually buy OTC creams/gels for male yeast infections-Monistat is one.

6. bigfundamental

Why are you always so fucking pissy when you respond? Yes im positive its a yeast infection, ive read so much shit the last few days, all the different kinds of symptoms, and like i said, checked a spit test which is quite obvious if i have it or not. Yeast infection can cause bumps. ANd she already goes to the gyno, shes going again real soon.

I also read the cream/gels do not work for everybody, and usually only work on the outside/skin part of it.

7. bigfundamental

Thank you for the perfect response, exactly what i wanted to know.

And yes if you read up on it, it causes diahreah (sp?), as well as pain in certain parts of your digestive area, and your penis.

8. bigfundamental

Exactly, if i mentioned this to my mom, she would totally overreact, because she knows nothing about it and would probably assume im going to die soon. She would stress herself out, all while having to give me a long ass speech about it. Just not a good thing in any way to talk to her about this.

9. 2angelmd

2angelmd New Member

Lamisil cream helps the external stuff. Lamisil tablets help a lot too. Ask your doctor about Nystatin, Diflucan, and Lamisil tablets, they all work a little differently. Diflucan for instance is absorbed entirely so if you have yeast overgrowth in your large (and lower small) intestines it won't help it there, Lamisil and Nystatin will.

Nystatin isn't absorbed at all, so if you take it in tablet or liquid form it won't get into your system and come out onto your skin through your sweat. So your skin problems won't go away from Nystatin tablets/liquid alone.

From what I've read Lamisil tablets are effective and fairly harmless for intestine and skin problems.

This information is second hand. I got it from my doctor, my own research, and a friend that is a Physicians assistant. But ask a lot of questions and continue doing your research.

10. iwishyouwerebeer

[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
    Just to clarify, my parents weren't open about sex...not at all! My mom thought I was the epitome of a saintly virgin. But I was 16, having sex and I needed BC. So I told my mom I was having sex, she flipped out and took me anyway, helped me set up an appointment because I was better safe than pregnant. So...:dunno:

The point in this case is the guy is 18. He's too afraid and immature to just find a doctor/Planned Parenthood on his own, yet he has unprotected sex just because he is sure his girlfriend is a virgin? As if that matters? I'm just covering all angles. OP, get to a doctor, any way you can. Shit, tell your dad if you really are afraid of your mother and feel you have to have him hold your hand along the way. I was seeing doctors on my own by 18 is all I'm saying.

Sorry, I just don't baby those who seem to lead adult lives.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2008
  11. iwishyouwerebeer

:hug: Wanna make out to feel better? :rofl:

12. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

You think your mom knows nothing about yeast infections? :hsugh: