SRS So I think I am losing/have lost a friend.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by PanzerAce, Jan 17, 2007.

1. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

Remember that thread awhile ago about the friend that I was trying to get to open up? I saw her for the first time today since then (college was out, etc) and I think that I lost her as a friend. I called her a couple of times over the break to see how she was doing, never answered her phone, she never responds to me on AIM any more (and I know she is online, she is talking to other people), and when I saw her today, she acted as if she didnt want to have anything to do with me anymore. I invited her to go out to dinner with a bunch of friends (which has been fine in the past) to a great place in town, and she basically said that there was no way in hell it was going to happen. Me and my friends are planning a trip to the shooting range this saturday. If she doesnt come and never comes up with a reason, or this situation and her actions dont change this week (I have class with her tomorrow) I dont think I will ever have a chance at repairing it between us, which would be hard enough since I dont even know what got her to stop talking with me.

:sadwavey:

Hell, I hate having to vent like this, but one roomate is on a date right now, I cant stand the other, and so I really have no one to talk to right now.

2. TheManLouisianaFace

TheManLouisianaFace and decide!

Link to thread? She sounds exactly like me.

3. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

4. beanolo

beanolo It does a body good!!!1

You haven't lost anything. Someone who treats you like that, (i.e. shit), wasn't really a friend in the first place.

5. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

The thing is though that this is not normal behavior, but it seems to be affecting the friendship that we have/had

6. beanolo

Deny it all you want man. It's not like shes hypnotized right now, she knows what she is doing perfectly well.

7. TheManLouisianaFace

TheManLouisianaFace and decide!

So you're advising that he give up too? Hypocrisy much?

He pushed a little too much and she closed off/walled off. I do the same thing to people.

To the OP: Just back off. Any pushing will only make her more distant. I'd let her know that you're not mad at her, and if she ever needs to talk that you'll always be there. It's going to be up to her if she comes around.

Stress the you aren't mad part.

8. beanolo

I don't recall me telling him to give up, however if someone is blatantly wasting your time and not even bothering to ignore you exist, its not worth the stress.

If and when that person or "friend" is ready to talk to you, they will. No amount of calling or pestering them is going to speed up that timeframe, whereas it may even be making the situation worse.