So I suck at Ipod and Itunes...HELP!!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by kwality, Jan 21, 2008.

1. kwality

kwality OT Supporter

First how do I import the album covers I already have on my comp? I know when I first downloaded Itunes it was automatically importing the music with the art but my dumbass accidently ended it. So now I only have artwork for some of my albums.

And second, I downloaded some new albums and imported them into Itunes. And when I tried to sync it my ipod it said "original file not found" and had an exclamation point next to the the new songs, but the songs were able to play in itunes.

:wtc:I suck at technology.

2. BIGsteev

BIGsteev New Member

Well I'm not sure about doing everything at once, but you should be able to go through manually and match up the artwork file to one of the songs from the album. Right click one of the songs, Get Info, Artwork tab, Add, and then choose the artwork.

As far as "original file not found" goes, that usually only happens to me when I move a song to a different file. Whenever I had to deal with that it would prompt me to relocate the file, so if that's what's happening to you, just relocate the file (hopefully you remember where it is!) That's all I got

3. kwality

kwality OT Supporter

Thanks for the help. The artwork worked no problem, but even after I find the original file it still wont sync to my ipod.

4. iampsu

iampsu New Member

Easy solution to "file not found" problem ---> create a folder on the desktop to put your music files. ANYTHING YOU DOWNLOAD AND WANT TO PUT INTO ITUNES, PUT IT IN THIS FOLDER FIRST. After the file is in the folder, THEN drag the song into iTunes.

5. kwality

kwality OT Supporter

Holy shit that worked, thanks alot.