so i started painting my mustang today....

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by idontgiveashit, Apr 5, 2003.

1. idontgiveashit

idontgiveashit I eat rice

I started painting my 5.0 today, im decent with a gun so im goin at it, i have a door off because i had to replace one because of rust issues...and i get all done and there is probably close to 5000 small spots all over it, look like pieces of sand almost. Yesterday i painted my first coat for my hood...and it did not do this. Same brand of paint, mixed same way. the only differnece was it was slightly colder this time..somewhere around 65-67 degrees as opposed to 70. THe gun is just a napa gun..but it has worked fine for me before so i ahve no idea what the problem is. It never shoots chunks or anything. I mixed my paint up very well...so i have no idea what my problem is. This is all doen in my garage also. :confused:

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

You know, there is pollen floating all around. If your garage is not sealed or have some vent system to pull air out, that could be your problem.

3. idontgiveashit

idontgiveashit I eat rice

that was my first guess..but i painted things before and this had never happned. The only thing i can think of is that when my friend cleaned my gun mixing cups etc..he used paper towels and didnt clean them again before he mixed paint.