MIL So I sent in my papers, now im worried as hell :hs:

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Off, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Off

Off Memento Mori

:rofl:

im worried im going to fail the basic physical requirements. Before I started smoking I could do them all easily on my worst day, but at the start of the summer I couldnt run even 1k without being unable to breathe. Anyway the minimum is equivalent to a 2.4k (~1.6 miles off the top of my head) in like 11 minutes or so (step-test I believe). Now I've been working at it, and I havent had a smoke in 2 days, so the worst of it is over. Just worried about not recovering in time.

How bad does it look on your record (yes, I do know that its completely irresponsible and all that) if you applied as Combat Infantry and got shipped off to the fatass platoon? :hsd::o

2. Fearan

Fearan Guest

Ignore my other post.

The basic phys is fucking easy, it's a real joke. Step test is really really easy, even the most out of shape people can do it. It's really not like running 2.4k.

Weren't you going in as Int officer? Why the change to 00010? As an infanteer myself, it's good. But grunt instead of int officer? :hsugh:

3. Off

Off Memento Mori

I answered this in the other thread :hs:

I was thinking of going Int officer before I realized I hated what I was studying. Then I figured I'd do INT.op but I spoke to a recruiter who said you can only transfer to that from reserves now, sooooo, now its grunt :rofl:

4. Fearan

Fearan Guest

Oh and IIRC, once you get passed PAT pl it won't affect your career. And why didn't you go in as inf officer if not int officer? McGill n3rds get in pretty easily. :mamoru:

If you want to go have a drink sometime btw, let me know. I'm usually out with some army guys on thursday nights. :big grin:

EDIT: Forgot you weren't finishing college, your McGill bitch crew tag threw my off. :doh:

5. Fearan

Fearan Guest

Grunt for which regt? Vandoos?

6. Off

Off Memento Mori

Because theres no way in hell im going through three more years at mcgill (im a double major, which contributes to my hating it :o) and you cant go in as an officer without a degree.

7. Fearan

Fearan Guest

Forgot you weren't finishing college, your McGill bitch crew tag threw my off. :doh:

Seriously though, you should get a degree. Life as an officer > Life as a grunt if you plan on staying in a long time.

8. Off

Off Memento Mori

You can choose? :wtf: I just sent the papers in last week, just need medical and interview, did aptitude last year (qualified for all trades i.e my IQ is at least 100 :hsugh: :wiggle:).

But whatever, Im perfectly bilingual so im down for whatever. My name is french though and I'd rather be in the PPCLI :hs:

9. Off

Off Memento Mori

Im still in school. It was the thought of going through another 6 course semester that made me turn the papers in :rofl:

10. Fearan

Fearan Guest

You can choose the regimnt, not the battalion.

11. eter

eter New Member

fixed ;)

12. eter

eter New Member

regular or reserve?

13. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

Canadian Army all up in this bitch. :wiggle:

14. Off

Off Memento Mori

regular :run:

15. Off

Off Memento Mori

wait, didnt they just say we're pulling out of afghanistan by feb 2009?

ibrejected