So I saw Swing Vote tonight

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by HaydenMac, Jul 15, 2008.

1. HaydenMac

HaydenMac Active Member

Storyline has Costner as a negligent alcoholic single dad who's raising an elementary school age daughter by himself in a trailer in some hick town in Texas, but she's the responsible one.

Shit ensues and in a twist of fate Coster ends up having the one vote to determine who gets president of the united states. most of the movie centers around the breaking of the news and the courting of Costner's vote by presidential candidates and flip floppers Kelsey grammer and dennis hopper.

Paula patton is :drool: as the news reporter who figures things out and breaks the story. You won't recognize Judge Reinhold until he speaks, and then you're like WHOA. How far he's fallen since Beverly Hills Cop :mamoru:

Real all-star cast, but Costner's daughter, madeline carroll (think a young ellen page) and george lopez as the hick town TV producer dreaming of the Network stage steal the show.

It's a good sappy Father/daughter bonding movie, not necessarily one I'd see in the theater but definitely worth a rent/download.

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

So who does he vote for?

3. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

I don't think this movie will get me out of the house based on the trailer. Really should have been a TV network film.

4. HaydenMac

HaydenMac Active Member

...do you really want to know?

5. HaydenMac

HaydenMac Active Member

No, but it'll end up being a staple on cable TV right after Field of Dreams, Bull Durham, waterworld and the Postman on the Kevin Costner Marathon

6. makejelone

makejelone jockin bitches

i agree the story doesnt look like it should be coming out in the summer months at all, however it looks mildly entertaining and dennis hopper and kelsey grammer should keep the movie interesting.

7. SaMMy SiZZLe

SaMMy SiZZLe New Member

i do.

8. HaydenMac

HaydenMac Active Member

they probably help carry the film to it's conclusion the best. their antics when they realize they have to cater to ONE voter make up some of the best laughs of the movie.

Imagine a lifelong industrialist courting the sierra club, or the open border man stamping out mexican immigration...epic lulz ensue.

9. HaydenMac

HaydenMac Active Member

Sammy & Beer, PM me and I'll tell you who wins :)