so i picked up a 9" orbital waxer/polisher brand new v need help!

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by xxpanipuri, May 3, 2006.

1. xxpanipuri

xxpanipuri Gideeyup Motherfuckers....

should i just throw it out and figure its a waste of $10???
    i saw it at fry's and picked it up figured for $10 it can't be that bad....impulse buy!

it came with two wool bonnets two terry bonnets and polishing foam....

everything i've been reading is pointing towards getting a porter cable....because of its variable speed etc etc

this thing runs at 3000 rpm constantly....

i know this thing is for more professional users and i'm sure i can master it once i get some practice i just need to before that practice on another car or at least another body part i can buy from the junkyard...

so here's my question

should i keep it or ebay it?? or just chuck it! or give it away to someone....

if i keep it i'll get another body part from the junk yard to practice on...but what pads to use?? i basically want to use it apply the polish/wax to the car...to save time and get better results.....then i'll remove the polish/wax by hand

any advice would be HELPFUL....thanks!

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

You can use it to remove wax I guess. It isn't for professional users at all, high end RO/DA buffers like the PC or the Cyclo (dual head RO/DA buffer) or rotaries are for professionals or enthusiasts who want professional results.

No real need to buy practice fenders with it or a Porter Cable 7424 or 7336, they are RO/DA buffers and won't leave swirls or burn paint.

3. xxpanipuri

xxpanipuri Gideeyup Motherfuckers....

hint taken....

oh well i should at least try to put this thing on ebay and try to recover my $$ then! :)

4. StealthMode

StealthMode Active Member

I have one as well, works great for removing stubborn wax and such. I used mine with a MF bonnet and some swirl remover with decent results. Just made everything nice and shiny, but thats about it.

5. SoySauciAl

SoySauciAl Guest

its only $10. just toss it in your garage and forget about it.