WEB so I own a video streaming website...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by SocialBrokerz, Jan 2, 2009.

1. SocialBrokerz

SocialBrokerz New Member

video streaming site for movies...

I don't want to post the link because it would seem that I would be advertising it... but I was wondering what type of methods I could use to gain ANY type of revenue. Pretty much I just get most of my videos from MEGAVIDEO and put them in my database.

I heard google adsense is unpredictable if they will ban your account on these types of websites, so I'm not sure if I want to keep my adsense ads on there. I guess PM me if you want a link to my website.. I'm still working on some things.

I could always use some suggestions/pointers as I am pretty new to this forum.

:x:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  2. Ricky

Ricky █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

copyrighted videos?

See you in jail bro

I had a similar site but just linked to .torrents in various websites. It was basically a giant search engine with some custom ajax features. Ended up getting a personal email from the MPAA :eek4:

3. Ricky

Ricky █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

4. SocialBrokerz

SocialBrokerz New Member

need more info :noes:

5. Ricky

Ricky █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

They'll harass you until you cave in and shut down :noes:

Research your shit real good before launching something like that :sad2:

6. maxxpower

maxxpower OG Lauren Crew - Observer OT Supporter

Wish you would have let me know about this.
    The MPAA has NO jurisdiction in Canada.
    The Canadian Copyright Laws (Bill C-061) is still under development and scrutiny by our highest courts. There has only been ONE court case ever brought to light using our newly refined C law and it was a cut and dry Camera in the theatre case.
    If ANYONE has a leg up on hosting a video streaming site it would be Canadians.

7. Ricky

Ricky █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

I was using theplanet to host my shit so they pretty much sided with them off the bat.

But damn that's interesting. Im take some intro to law classes this semester so maybe we might go through some of the copyright shit

8. Ricky

Ricky █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

And even though i was in the US i wasn't breaking any copyright laws which i knew about. Come on... since when is linking to torrent sites illegal?

9. maxxpower

I would have told them to suck my left nut.
    I am an active participant in the Internet Rights Community in Canada and my specialization and certifications are exactly in Rights and Canadian Internet Law and Security.
    If anything you should at least become a regular reader of Michael Geists Blog, he is the founding father of Canadian Copyright Law in Canada and is a very personal fellow if you have a chance of meeting him.
    http://www.michaelgeist.ca/

10. Ricky

Ricky █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Will do, thanks

11. maxxpower

Linking to torrents has been questionable under US law for the past few years. The MPAA has banked on the fact that ISP's/users would rather cave to MPAA pressure than to challenge their laws and tactics.
    Even the cases brought to US court in the past (TorrentSpy) unfortunately were not defended well and the MPAA ended up winning rulings based on politically practices and accused not cooperating with courts.

Since the US is a litigous society, it does not matter if a law or legal presidence exists anymore since the host is liable for any legal costs defending itself. The MPAA can send a cease and desist letter stating "bubble gum chewing is illegal on a website" and the fucking ISP's/users would cave because they simply cannot afford to go up againts these fucks, regardless of the foundation of the law they are being accused of breaking.

Downloading copyright material is 100% illegal in the US. Linking to it is a crap shoot and there are jurisdictional ways to get around any MPAA threats. Hosting it entirely is 100% illegal.

12. SocialBrokerz

SocialBrokerz New Member

how does a website such as watch-movies.net still alive and flowing?

13. Ricky

Ricky █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

TV/Movie streaming just seems like a horrible idea in general.

Now these huge corporations such as comcast, nbc etc are rolling out with their online streaming networks, they'll really push towards helping to get rid of all the other sites without the correct copyrights.

Along with the potential of loosing your current viewers to them.

:dunno: