So, I need a laptop v.cheapthinkpadorsimilar

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ///M, Oct 3, 2007.

1. ///M

///M New Member

I got some pile of shit Gateway MT6841 a few months ago for $279.99 after rebates, and its okay aside from the fact that it has horrible build quality. I recently convinced my dad (who wanted a laptop) to take the Gateway (being as how it is $849.99 in store :o) and give me his credit card to buy something else for myself.

I've been looking at used/off lease Thinkpad t41/2s, as well as x30s, and have found a few in the $380-450 range on eBay. I also noticed that Dell has their new Vostro line out which seems to be getting decent reviews, although I'm afraid it might just be another pile of shit Dell as they have been putting out for years :o

Could anyone recommend me a laptop in the under $600 range? (preferably a Thinkpad) New/used doesn't matter, it'll just be used for internet/typing/basic shit like that. Specs-wise, probably something with a Pentium-M/Centrino, and a 12-14 inch screen :coold:

No HP/Sony/Toshiba/Gateway bullshit please :nono:

2. ///M

///M New Member

Oh shit, just found this

http://stores.ebay.com/IbmFactoryOutlet

I'll probably be picking up one of the t43 configurations (probably with the ATI setup) tomorrow unless you guys have any suggestions :o

3. ///M

///M New Member

anyone?