LGBT So I might just buy a house...

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by CoCo, Dec 15, 2004.

1. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

...and I've already chosen my floor plan and options. I'm currently debating what exterior I want. There are 5 choices for the floor plan that I have selected, and I'm stuck between 3 of them:

My first choice in design...
    [​IMG]
    I don't think I want the vinyl siding though. I'm leaning toward either brick or stone.

My second choice in design... (friend's first choice)
    [​IMG]

My third choice in design... (mom's first choice)
    [​IMG]

Either way, I have yet to put together my exterior color pallet. I'm really into the idea of a porch like I had when I lived down south. I imagine myself sitting on the porch and reading, or yacking on the phone, or sipping on whine while sampling a cheese trey. :o

As for the actual floor plan...

First Floor:
    [​IMG]

Second Floor:
    [​IMG]

Basement:
    [​IMG]

:drool:

Okay, so I'm at the stage now where I decide if I wanna purchase or not. Because the area is pretty pretentious, I've had to meet the Neighborhood Association chair and been approved ["Oh, we need more partners in this community. Diversity is key.... Are you currently dating, or are you partnered...?" ( :rofl: )]. Anyway, the area is a neo-traditionally planned community, with it's own mini-mall, community center, and schools (claiming to foster a community in which one doesn't need to leave).

Community:
    [​IMG]
    (The colored area is Phase One (and completed), and now they are into Phase Two, although it isn't completed...)

The home that I am interested in is called a Grandbanks. I'm really feeling the 2-story foyer, with separated living room/dining room/family room. (I'm thinking of turning the "living room" into a library since the home has a large "family room"), a butlers pantry that leads to the eat-in kitchen (both bar AND breakfast area). I've opted for the electric fireplace and pre-wall-installed surround sound speakers in the family room. The mudroom (laundry) on the first floor is very appealing to me as well. Upstairs, the master bedroom has vaulted ceilings and jacuzzi-bath.

I've opted for the full bath in the basement. I do not have the walk-in closet in the basement area they've called the den, instead moving all of the utility crap in that space and closed it off to the other room (so I can store shit there), giving me 4 spaces to fully work with. There is a separate entrance to the basement, so there is a renting potential there if Ferron so chooses :naughty: .

Additionally, there is a detached 2 car garage in the rear, with seperate driveway.

All in all, this place is awesome. Simply fabulous... I took a more detailed look at the home, using the knowledge I gained from my experience with my company, and comprised following list of cool features...

~Exterior Features: Brass coach lamps at front entry, Hose bibs (front and rear), Hydro-seeded yard, Insulated steel six panel entry door with bright brass entry lock/deadbolt, Maintenance free sliding doors and screens, Maintenance free vinyl windows with screens, Maintenance-free Alcoa 6.5" beaded vinyl siding, Two-car detached garage with steel insulated doors, Professionally designed landscape package, and Two coated asphalt driveway.

~Interior Features: Armstrong no wax flooring, Brass door locks, Front door chime, Gas heat and central air conditioning, Laundry tub, Mohawk wall to wall carpet with stain guard, Recessed lights in 1st and 2nd floor hallways/kitchen, Six-panel interior doors, Soil treatment for termites, Solid oak handrails, Washer & dryer, Whole-house energy seal, and Wood shelving in all closets.

~Kitchen & Bath Features: Ceramic tile floor & tub surround in master and hall bath, Formica kitchen counter top, Marble vanity tops, Delta chrome faucets throughout, Designer kitchen with Legacy oak cabinets in my choice of finish, Glass shower enclosure in master bath, Insinkerator garbage disposal, Luxury master bath, Maytag dishwasher, Maytag Refrigerator, Maytag self-cleaning oven/range with automated air filtration, and a Pedestal sink/mirror in powder rooms.

So I'm my mortgage broker, friends, and family are all saying that I should do it... I'm just slightly reluctant, as it's just me. But then I think about all of the fabulous parties I could host, and then wanna just go for it :mamoru: ...

2. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

Why not just find an old colonial to buy? These neighborhoods scare me.

3. Ferron

Ferron So yes, I'll see you there.

I've already called the master bedroom (rent-free of course):coolugh:

Anyone else in for a non-college affiliated, all gay frat house? Though technically I will be in grad school:x:

4. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

Ive been passing the one I almost bought earlier this year a lot more lately and it has puzzled my as to why it is still for sale. Granted, renting it to a college student (the Univ just happens to be about five blocks south) is there, but since it sits on a busy street that kind of sucks. I still want it but currently, my education is more important.

Oddly enough, my realtor just got off the phone with me about five minutes ago. :mamoru:

Coco, my choice, FWIW, is the first house but in brick.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2004
  5. CoCo

I went to see it again today. I keep checking it out and seeing if I get a bad vibe from anything...no suck luck. I think that deep down inside I know it's too big for just me (possibly, I'm subconsciously getting something that I know can sustain my sisterNkid's peaceful co-existence with me if she continues on her downward spiral and I have to take her in... Or, trying to reinvent collegiate living with a wealth of people that I luv & respect, and who also happens to make me giggle to the point of non-productivity... (hmmm, self-analysis is a bitch if not eye-opening...)). I'm going to continue looking at other homes, keeping this option open. By far, I luv this house most.

6. CoCo

...we have the same taste in homes.

7. Taylor

Taylor Guest

I'm going to agree there.

8. Jacknasty

Jacknasty New Member

Very nice. I actually like them all, if the first one is in brick.

I really like the floor plans also. I think you would be doing yourself a disservice if you don't add the porch (and, as you know already, bigger is better :mamoru: )

I don't see how you can go wrong with this house. The neighborhood might be pretentious, but you will/should never have to worry about crime.

I give it two dicks up :bigthumb:

9. CoCo

I've never said that before. It's cute.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Taylor

Taylor Guest

Oh, and I agree with converting the living room into a study or something. The two rooms used the least in modern houses are 1. Formal living room and 2. Dining room.

11. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

I like them too, but... the thing with these homes is that, in one large neighborhood of similar homes, they are all going to look the same.

So, why not go unique... something that fits those styles, but has it's own flair!!!

Check out this site!

http://www.classiccolonialhomes.com/

12. RedGoober4Life

Whoa, these are awesome.

13. Sam Gamgee

Yeah, we have already decided that this will be our next home:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. RedGoober4Life

May I live in the garage?

Any idea of how much it costs to build one of these?

15. CoCo

I considered that (I'm a bit accustomed to being the unique one), but I figured that with 8 different floor plans, each with 3-6 exterior design options, and then each of those with choice of brick, stone, or vinyl, I just figured that the differences would be just enough to make the homeowner feel like he/she has the unique home... And with it being planned, I think they space out the various floor plans a bit.

As with the colonial homes, I like them... But the areas in Maryland that have the space for colonials all priced in a rang that I'm personally uncomfortable with. ;) I do extremely well for my age, but the only person in particular that I'm out to impress is me...

16. CoCo

17. Sam Gamgee

I would think that in 2004 dollars, that would be about $500k (in New England).

I bought the plans for this cape house and priced it to built and it was $250k and considerably smaller.

So, we went with a similar design that was the same price, but had a bigger footprint and less details.

[​IMG]

18. RedGoober4Life

So expensive :(

19. spiffy_badrock

spiffy_badrock I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you.

My next home is looking like This

20. import power online

import power online Twin Turbo Madness

where at? I'm assuming MD with your location. How much?
    I like the first elevation. like the porch

21. cargojock

cargojock New Member

This is mine:

[​IMG]

22. jordan04

jordan04 The seeds of love have taken hold, and if we won't

omg coco I almost died laughing when i saw "(The colored area is Phase One (and completed)" i was like, didn't segregation end a while ago? I understand now after looking closer at the map. I love the second one. But I could definately see you lounging on the porch with a laptop on offtopic with an iced tea at the first house. and with all the extra space you can take in ben so i don't have to deal with him. or higher me as a live in butler. lol. Good Luck!

23. CoCo

;) Now you know I do tea at night on my balcony nude, and my freshly squeezed lemonade in the daytime... (When you all have not finished it before it even properly chills)

24. jordan04

jordan04 The seeds of love have taken hold, and if we won't

I'm sorry but it shouldn't be so good. And way way way too much info