So I met this incredible girl... but she lives and hour away

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Muffin Man, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Muffin Man

Muffin Man New Member

So I met this girl that I like alot and I mean i've never actually felt this way about a girl in my life. I have a couple problems though: 1) she lives an hour away from me if I drive a minimum of 80 the entire way there 2) I'm a broke ass college student who goes to Northern Illinois University and going there and back kills at least a half of tank of gas in my huge ass truck. 3) I'm 19 and she is only 17 which doesn't really bother me, but I can't have sex with her until she turns 18. Now saying all of that this girl is absolutely incredible. I'm 100% Italian and this girl is absolutely everything that I could possibly want in the opposite sex. She's short, beautiful, fun to hang around with, loves sports, easy going, will do anything for me, and has an amazing family. I met her family and they absolutely love me, and she told me that her mom wouldn't mind us dating or something along those lines. Yeah I'm young at 19 and i've never been in love in my entire life. I'm usually through one girl in a month and on to the next. Not with this girl though she makes me feel like nothing else I have ever felt like in my entire life. Just sucks because I don't have any money and with my busy ass college life, partying, etc... I could only see her maximum of like 2x each month at most. I would love to start dating officially, but I don't know if it would be worth it if I barely get to see her only 2 days out of 31. This is absolutely killing me right now because my heart says do one thing and my brain and dick want me to do another. (Obviously there are lots of pretty girls where I go to school and when I get drunk sometimes I do stupid things). I was just wondering if any of you guys have ever been in a similiar situation and what you did. Any advice or comments would totally help me out.

- vince

2. Freeze Time

Freeze Time New Member

As much as you want to go for it, DONT. Long distance really sucks, especially if shes in high school. Shes gonna be getting hit on by every guy around, and chances are she'll stay good for a while, but eventually, be it 2 weeks or 6 months, shes gonna get drunk and fool around with some other guy.

It sucks, but save yourself the heart ache and find a girl closer to home.

3. ChrisOT

ChrisOT New Member

How long have you been seeing her? I think I might have missed that part.
    To the previous poster; maybe give him a little time with her, not everyone is like that.

It's possible the majority is but the cases I have seen no. Not only that, but i'm in one that requires me to take 3 flights to see her at her place, if we meet else where that's a diff story.

Age can also be factored in, I am 21 , she's 24. We both knew what we were getting into before starting anything, we're not blind rushing into something, we know its going to be hard, we know we won't be able to see each other that much but long term? The long term is what keeps me going.

I didn't have a job either (well I just signed a contract 30 mins ago for a new job! - so im extatic) I was basically broke but I still managed to muster up enough cash to go see her, either by temp jobs, the money I've had since my last job (2 years ago) or spending more than I should on my credit card which is payed off, thankfully.

Worst thing is when you've not seen each other for 2 months and you plan a get together, it was only 12 more days til lI go see her again in april and then I realise I can't go because of the new job. I know how it feels, but you have to keep on working hard.

If it wasn't for her i'd still be stuck in my parents place, a recluse, hiding away playing games all day&night.
    Now I'm finally doing it, getting a steady job, a place of my own, for when the time comes for her to move here :p

I say give it a go, just make sure you know enough about her and visa versa.
    You won't know unless you try.

You seem to be able to move in and out of some kind of 'relationship' or whatever you want to call it pretty easily from what you wrote.
    This may be harder because of the feeling you have.

Do what you think is right, you want her, you can see things happening.
    Why stop?

You are both in education still, so give it time, you won't be forever (I hope) :)

4. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Long distance relationships rarely work out. No matter how wonderful the two of you are ... unless it's just temporary ...

5. Muffin Man

Muffin Man New Member

Ok so update: Last night me and her talked for at least about 2 hours. I know its insane but god damn is this girl amazing. I have to drive an hour and half home onf riday night and and hour and half back on sunday and i may just drive another hour to see her. I can't help it, like wow i don't even know what to say. There is this other girl that over the last few days has been talking to me alot. She is really really depressed and the problem is no one actually cares about her except for me. She used to have feelings for me and wants to hang out with me this weekend while i'm at home. Problem is if I hang out with her I think shes going to try something with me and I don't want to fuck anything up if it so happens that i'm drunk. My life is a shit load of fucking insane problems right now. Well I'll have to keep you guys updated on what happens this weekend (hopefully nothing too extreme). If I do see the girl that lives far away from me this weekend there is a 99% chance i'm going to take the dive and become bf and gf with her. I just hope whatever I do I make a right decision.

6. Camp2Win

Camp2Win Touch my tralala

Dude, an hour is nothing in terms of travel. I am flying a girl to me that lives 2,400 miles away. I only *wish* that I could drive an hour to get to her, wtf.

7. lauren

lauren Active Member

um, i say give it a shot. too bad you both arent older... i dont really trust long distance when young cause people are immature. but if shes really that amazing, go for it. an hour isnt too bad.

just be carefull not to romanticize youre preception of her since you dont see her all the time. shes not perfect, dont kid yourself. :hs:

8. Original

Original OT Supporter

Been there, done that. Rarely hear of them working out, especially since she's only 17.

You two are still young, have fun enjoying your lives rather than holding long conversations over the phone and seeing each other only when it's convenient.

9. ndnxtc

ndnxtc New Member

Fucking werd, my SO lives 1200 miles away, I would kill for her to be only an hour away :(

10. Devilish

Devilish Remind me AGAIN

An hour is NOTHING!

Try to earn a bit more money to put fuel in your tank and go and see her!!!

11. Homeless

Homeless New Member

my so is also an hr away, but that's by public transportation so that's like $4-6 round trip :\