MIL So I made a guide to being a First Sergeant. Here it is.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by brownfield, Dec 21, 2006.

1. brownfield

brownfield OT Supporter

Most guys from my last company at Fort Bragg think it's pure genius. Guys here think it's fucked up and wrong. Tell me the truth. Here goes.

1. When you're finally out of the meeting with the CSM, make sure that you put the next week's mission out at the end of day formation (which you held two hours late because you were out eating dinner w/ the commander) and demand that it be completed before your soldiers can go home.

2. Run your company 5 miles through the ice and snow all around post, making sure that your soldiers see how hooah they are by pointing out how they're the only ones doing PT.

3. After your soldiers bust ass and work late for two months trying to complete the mission at hand before christmas time so they can have half days, make sure you don't let them have it even though they completed the mission.

4. Always, I repeat, always hold formation one to two hours later than you called it for.

5. Put out information that the Platoon Sergeants just handed out 2 minutes earlier and beat the horse to death. Soldiers love it.

6. Make sure you re-inforce the fact that soldiers with children MUST have a 100% effective family care plan, and when it falls through just tell that soldier "Fuck your kids."

7. When a soldiers wife calls and asks why their husband has been in the field for two weeks w/o a mission, make sure you extend the field mission.

8. Make sure the line platoons know they're loved by making them pick up the slack for your headquarters personnel.

9. If their is any way to get around the positive policies that higher sets out, then make sure you do that (EG: Forget about family time, don't let soldiers smoke in run down barracks, make up and enfore alcohol limits).

10. And finally, make unmarried soldiers lives hell by imposing unmaintanable barracks standards and having room inspections at least once a day, followed by GI parties if one of your 60 barracks soldiers rooms is messed up.

2. LanceUppercut

LanceUppercut New Member

:rofl: :wtc:

3. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

5. Put out information that the Platoon Sergeants just handed out 2 minutes earlier and beat the horse to death. Soldiers love it.

11ty billion emails about the commissary being closed for an hour.

4. e.pie

e.pie Active Member

:rofl:

I'm gonna have to forward these to my first seargent :mamoru:

5. the raging enigma

the raging enigma If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidenc

I just did. No response though

6. origin unknown

origin unknown OT Supporter

im in headquarters so fuck that shit, we do more then all the lines combined, we have a third the personnel and act as a standing platoon

7. alltracman78

alltracman78 New Member

Sheeit.
    Where the hell do you work?

Those were great.
    I think several of my 1st Sgts already had this list though....

8. cossack

cossack Resident thread killer

10. And finally, make unmarried soldiers lives hell by imposing unmaintanable barracks standards and having room inspections at least once a day, followed by GI parties if one of your 60 barracks soldiers rooms is messed up.

i have daily room inspections by my team leader before i go to pt(he doesnt really give a fuck about my room just the dumbass e-1 who decided to have not one but 6 empty pizza boxes in his room and an empty handle of jack, and hes 19)