So i just watched Terminator 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Darketernal, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

The fuck was that all about.:hsugh:

Ok, Christian bale just needs a little help with making movies in terms of historical perspective having seen T1,2,3 and now 4 you are just godlessly amazed how John connor did everything in his fucking power to stay alive and in T4 he becomes kamikaze connor and just recklessly throws his life away at every fucking given chance that he gets, i mean he just dives into the terminator sattelites , raging oceans and taking on skynet by himself (a stunt even superman would get killed in), john connor has not been a superhero in any of the Terminator movies but this one defies that and has given connor supersurvival inhuman capacities.

The movie starts out all wrong with marcus wright kissing a cancer patient.:hsugh: donate your body to cyberdyne and you will be getting a second chance.:greddy:

But even the intro starts out all wrong already, they use > to sort of make it look computer professional,but i thought it looked pathetic and back to basic, the intro in T1, T2,T3 were A LOT better, more captivating and sensational, i really was stretching my face when it started out with a cancer kissing festival wtf?!

Another bad thing is Kyle Reese, In T1 Kyle Reese is a badass professional who can run like hell and a hardline veteran with nightmares of the past who knew how to handle a gun and had to kick and stomp terminator ass, a definite 'cool' factor, in T4 Kyle Reese is a pussyfied wimpy dork :greddy: hello, what's yur name, dunt u knuw judgement day hat commeth, oh ya girl over there that's star , she can't speak cuz she's like the girl from fist of the north star [​IMG]

Honestly the gay conversations when kyle is speaking to marcus are like infinite vommit. I really also was suprised by the comment that 'we fight terminators during the daytime because their infared works better at night, compared to Terminator 1 were they fought the terminators at night because their daytime sensors were better then their nighttime sensors. Bit confusing but i think Christian Bale has that correct in the end.

But still, in the end, this movie is worthwhile watching, although historically Christian bale gets pretty much everything wrong in this movie, there are several very very good factors that captivate you into the Terminator quadrology. The Terminators are bad-ass in this movie, supergiant robots , hyperflying whateverthefucktheyarecalled terminators that go thru the sky, kill everyone and transport prisoners as livestock to working facilities.

The scenery's are badass , marcus wright is badass, john connor even tho kamikaze is badass, and the skynet human processing and terminator production facility was badass. Nice explosions and thrilling atmosphere, as wel as a movie with quite some good suprises although unfortunatly historically not so correct, but if you can look past that and enjoy some kamikaze in this movie its definitly worth watching, :big grin:

2. cyclaptor

cyclaptor Active Member

i enjoyed the kyle reese character. i think Anton Yelchin gave a good performance. hopefully we get the see the reese character become a true ultimate badass in the next film.

3. vudoodoodoo

vudoodoodoo New Member

First, Christian Bale didn't write or direct the movie.
    Second, at the time in the movie John Connor is still low on the Resistance totem pole. Just a grunt.
    Third, Kyle Reese is still just a kid. He's not some badass experience soldier yet.

4. Shalashaska

Shalashaska Neither Enemy Nor Friend OT Supporter

this, op is a retard.

5. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

I enjoyed T4, although being drunk may have had something to do with it. Around 3/4 of the way through the movie I started realising that none of it made any fucking logical sense, but then Arnie showed up for his cameo and all was forgiven.

6. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

shit i was happy with it (sure it could have been better), almost made me forget about T3

7. kit99bar

kit99bar USPA Class 2, weak, old man!

I thought the first half was great. the second half was just too crammed and forced.

8. Matt2000ss

Matt2000ss OT Supporter

I enjoyed it , but it think it came undone at the end. I dont like that they gave a face/personality to Cyberdyne. I always liked the idea of cyberdyne as a faceless sentient computer, logical and cold with no humanlike emotions. Not an "evil villian" type character that they turned it into at the end there.

I also dont like the way that the resistence just kinda showed up at this huge terminator base. I expected to see some massive firefight with terminators all over the place.

All being said, its still a movie with terminators in it so I did like it. I even got a chill like a little girl when Arnold showed up.

9. Darketernal

I know that but he worked along with the editing of the movie together with the director and i was expecting more of him , and tho just a grunt it doesn't make any sense for neither Connor or Reese, Connor ends up in T3 at the command post, so everybody expects him to be in command in the next movie, given that you don't just 'get' such a post, but seeing how the entire earth was nuked and almost no one was left it seemed only natural that he would automatically become the resistance leader. Same counts for Reese, he's a kid yep but in T1 they say how they grew up amongst the Terminators and created hand made bombs, they do all that stuff in T4, but they are "softies", in the way they talk and in the way they look, hardly to say 'war hardened children' , like those miserable child warriors you sometimes see on t.v , well that's at least what i had expected, and this 2 people vs the entire Terminator army in los angeles , isn't that a lil bit overexaggerated , only 2 people left in entire los angeles?

You haven't seen all T4 movies so you don't know what your talking about, anyone who watched them all knows the time line and ongoing things in T4 makes no sense. (although i can't blame them because its hard to make these kind of movies) it still is frustrating to see the storyline going into the wrong direction like this.

10. The Terminator

The Terminator New Member

Yeah, that was definately one of the better highlights in the film itself.

Overall, I enjoyed it. I'm interested in seeing how this particular new altered timeline in the Terminator series plays out.

11. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

I consider T2 to be the greatest film ever made, and T3 to be, well, worse than the Black Plague, the Holocaust, and September 11th combined.

Before I went to see Terminator Salvation, I decided I could justify seeing it if tell myself that it is not necessarily a sequel following the exact events of Terminator 1 and 2, but rather a spinoff of the Terminator legend.

That said, I think Terminator Salvation wasn't too bad. It still stayed in line with much of the core elements of the Terminator story, and in terms of pure action, it was pretty badass. It had it's fair share of faults, it would by no means be considered anywhere near as good as the original Terminators, but I walked out of the theater feeling somewhat satisfied, and without having diarrhea and vomiting at the same time like I did after T3.

12. level99

level99 Guest

damn did T4 come out already?

13. Darketernal

I think to come up with the whole idea of T1 was just pure awesomeness considering computer tech was so low at that moment, for me T1 was the best ,then T2, then T3, then T4, i enjoyed T3 but i think it was because i was watching it with friends and simply was having a good time, the female Terminator in it wasn't too good but at least she kept her mouth shut,and the opening of T3 was decent. T4 also really had its good moments, i mean the robots are just awesome in it.

But still [y]P7nq-r7QWW0[/y] i want everyone who's going to make a future Terminator movie to have a good look at this one before they start , i think the soldiers look a lot more badass in the first movie, they look torn and worn from fighting, you hear people screaming and crying , you know real war suffering ,while in terminator 4 they might as wel just be having a picknick during a nuclear holocaust, the people looked too well fed, instead of being starved by the lack of resources, i mean they were eating rats and cockroaches in T1, that's just more how it would be in such an era.

The most exciting thing about terminator is fighting large difficult to defeat advanced robots in a devastated future with modern technology, the barely surviving moments ,although not too exaggerated survival skills, those being close to the brink of death moments are just pure awesomeness, and bring back the cool lasers like they have in T1. Lasers > gunfire.

Yeah damn i still love terminator movies. I hope they keep up the good work =)

14. Chitty Chitty Gang Bang

Chitty Chitty Gang Bang OTCC

Your rambling is just bothersome, yet... I read it.
    You have to understand that they altered the future. The future you know from T1, T2 and early T3 were drastically changed. . .So maybe T1's Terminators hunted well during the day, but these models never got the necessary upgrade or component change, and hunt well at night.

Oh, and as for Christian Bale being balls-to-the-wall hardcore. What the fuck do you expect? He already knows how he dies. So he's going to do crazy ass shit you and I wouldn't do. He's the leader of the resistance, humanities last chance... he doesn't have time to be hiding in bunkers when people need him to lead.

As for Kyle Reese... The Kyle from T1 and T2 is an older, more experienced Kyle. Kyle in T4 is still really young and was just doing what he could to survive and stay hidden.

Was T4 perfect? No. Did I enjoy it? Yes.
    Did I pay to see Robots shoot shit and get blown up? Yes.
    Did it deliver? Oh hell yeah.

15. Matt2000ss

Matt2000ss OT Supporter

Its been awhile since i've seen T123.. remind me what drastically changed as far as the timeline.

16. delay pedal

delay pedal Guest

my biggest pet peeve with t4 was how clean everyone looked, specially the girls, and "common" wearing designer sunglasses at the terminator compound

17. Matt2000ss

Matt2000ss OT Supporter

haha, yea the sunglasses part really annoyed the hell outta me. Well that, and the fact that they seemed to be having a picnic in a Skynet research base. I was expected a battle. dissappointing.

18. juvental604

juvental604 I like to pee upside down OT Supporter

Even though theres many plot holes ( can someone name a time travel movie with out them) this movie is still awesome.

The pacing is great and also the directing and acting scenes are all well done. No super fast moving camera that makes you dizzy here.

It could have been better and grittier if it was rated R, but atleast the movie did what it was supposed to do at the end of the day, provide a good action experience.

I hope they continue with the whole human terminator aspect

19. Matt2000ss

Matt2000ss OT Supporter

I kinda doubt they will, because Marcus turned out to be a giant failure.

20. juvental604

juvental604 I like to pee upside down OT Supporter

I thought he was well done, although I liked the john henry angel in the tv series more

21. Matt2000ss

Matt2000ss OT Supporter

I mean , i think skynet will see the human terminator as a failure and persue other methods of killing humans.

As cool as it was to see the T-800 Arnold terminator, it seems the writers blew there load early with that. Especially if they are going to try to make a 5th movie. I expect to see T-800s all over the next movie. thats alotta arnolds.

22. The Terminator

The Terminator New Member

Yeah, the T-800's should definately be all over T5, but to keep Arnold appearances to a minimum, they could always just have T-800's with different model's instead of going strictly with the "model 101" which the Arnold T-800 was.