So I just started Season 6 on my rewatch of DS9

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Joe_Cool, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

I freaking love this show. The Cardassians and the Dominion took the station, the Defiant mined the wormhole entrance, and the combined Federation/Klingon fleet is going to kick the crap out of the Cardassian/Dominion fleet and retake DS9.

:noes:

2. CrimsonVonDoom

CrimsonVonDoom There Cannot be Two Skies OT Supporter

When I saw the minefield episode, that's where I knew DS9 was way different than other startreks. MINES for crap's sake. That's when you know they meant business.

3. Joe_Cool

It may not be the best scifi show ever (I really, REALLY liked Farscape, and BSG is right up there too), but it's by far the best Star Trek ever.

4. CrimsonVonDoom

CrimsonVonDoom There Cannot be Two Skies OT Supporter

5. Joe_Cool

I like noticing things that I missed before. I just watched "The sweet sound of her voice" - the episode where they were going to rescue the ship captain stranded on some planet, then when they get there she's been dead for 3 years. At her memorial service, O'Brien said something about how important his friends were to him, and it was important to say so because some day, somebody would be missing from their circle and it's bad to mourn alone.

I didn't notice that the first time I saw it, but this time it kind of shocked me - the very next episode is the one where Jadzia dies. :eek3:

6. Joe_Cool

And I really love the character development, especially the way they developed the friendship between O'Brien and Bashir (they hated each other at first). But I think my favorite interaction is between Odo and Quark. They're professional enemies, but they like each other, and are actually friends. Like Ralph the wolf and Sam the sheep dog from Bugs Bunny (they walked to work together, ate lunch together, and walked home together, but when they were on the clock, they tried to kill each other) or Professor X and Magneto.

7. Ramataklan

Ramataklan Active Member

yeah these foolish cardassians, only cannonfodder for the shapeshifting nazis. :naughty: