So I just got the 6230....

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Miller2000, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Miller2000

Miller2000 New Member

And all I gotta say is this phone is hot. By far the best phone right now out on the market. The only thing is I LOVE the all black covered Euro version they have out as opposed to the gray/black setup I have and was wondering where I could get that kind of keypad/cover. Any suggestions?

2. IgnitionGSR

IgnitionGSR OT Abuser

:hsugh: you bought a nokia :hsugh:

3. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

nothing wrong with quality. they may not make the coolest looking phones, but i've never had a problem with any of the nokias i've owned over the past eleven years.

can't say the same for motorola or sony ericsson.

4. IgnitionGSR

IgnitionGSR OT Abuser

i didnt comment about quality.. haha, i am talking about style...:barf:

5. Miller2000

Miller2000 New Member

So yea where can I get those covers the cheapest?

Actually Nokia does make one of the best phones out on the market. This is my third Nokia, the first two being the 5165 and the 8265. Their ideas are cutting edge, their OS doesnt suck, their phones dont lock up, and you can drop them like 30 times and they dont even budge - theyre like a little brick. No flip phones yet but they do have at least one that I know of that is supposed to be comming to our market real soon. You either love them or ya hate them but theyre all over the place.

6. beezurd

beezurd New Member

i just got my 6230 and i really like the all black face too... i think the plates are expensive though and when i asked the lady if she sold any she said no :(

actually, what came with your phone? battery charger, manual, 32meg MMC card, and a CD for phone suite?

i *thought* it would come with an adapter for the bluetooth, IR, or a data cable like the motorola's do but i guess not? :dunno:

7. BlackWRX02

BlackWRX02 OTs Cingular Guru

yeah cuz they're nothing cooler than being on your $500 RAZR and having it lock up or dialing a number and having it put up random numbers when you press the key you want :rolleyes:

Nokia 6230 > *.cingular phones right now. You made a VERY good call on this phone.

Day in and day out I have the moto sack-riders coming in with software issues, poor battery, and those ever famous slow menus. Oh well, at least they look cool :ugh2:

8. BlackWRX02

BlackWRX02 OTs Cingular Guru

You're lucky you even got the CD. Usually just comes with charger, bat. and MMC.

I love my all black 6230. You can find replica cases, as well as some sort of "rubber" case on ebay. Don't think you're gonna find many faceplates for them, for some reason most people don't like the way the phone looks so its not been a HUGE seller compared to how it has been over seas. (nokia can't even keep up with demand for this phone all over the world)

9. maczter

10. beezurd

beezurd New Member

daaang $40

i think i need to get a bluetooth dongle before i get a black case :o

11. My Dixie Wrecked

My Dixie Wrecked STFU & get the ball!!! OT Supporter

12. maczter

yeah. there are a boatload of .de and .uk sites selling them, but shipping and the crappy exchange rate of the dollar right now would probably make the price about the same, if not more.

13. Miller2000

Miller2000 New Member

OK so Ive been lookin and yes maczter youre dead on, they are on a lot of euro and asian sites but almost all of them say "GENUINE NOT CRAPPY HONG KONG IMITATION" etc so that makes me even more weary of buying them. And yes the exchange rate is a bit crappy not to mention another 10 dollars to ship it so perhaps I'll hold off on that for now.

Beezurd - you said you got a CD with yours? I def. never got one of those so maybe I'll have to call up Cingular and see what they can do about that if anything.

Concerning the Nokia market in general, Mac you are right about their demand in the US versus the EURO market for example. They dont sell nearly as well over here as they do everywhere else and that really is ashame. Instead were stuck with phones that LOOK cool and then suck balls cough cough MotorolaSonyErricsonLGSiemens cough cough
    One last question - this MP3 player that comes with the phone, Ive been lookin for support for it on the Nokia site and so far have come up blank. In addition to that once I have the player support downloaded onto my phone or whatever I need to do are there ways of ripping MP3s off my computer and putting them on my phone?

14. beezurd

beezurd New Member

actually mine did NOT come with a CD, but I was looking on the net some and it said on some sites said it should have been included. It's actually not a big deal though, all it is is a CD for phone suite which they have available on their site for dl (it crashes though).

About the MP3 thing, I haven't tested it myself since I don't have a data cable or bluetooth dongle, but I assume you can just transfer it over just like any other file using the cable, infrared, or bluetooth and then play the MP3 using the media player - you should also be able to set the mp3 as your ringtone.

15. maczter

you can either transfer songs over bluetooth or take out the memory card (behind the battery) and use a memory card reader with your computer. (you'll need one for SD/MMC cards).