So I just got a vasectomy yesterday

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Leon, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Leon

Leon New Member

I have 4 kids already and my wife's doctor told her not to have any more kids or else she may die. :eek4::eek4: So anyways, I am laying around and taking things easy still, but I want to know how long it will be before the swelling and shit goes down. It's not the most comfortable thing to have happen to ya.

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Ouch. Props for getting it done though. It amazes me when men complain that women should be the ones to get them.....after they're the ones who push out the children. Good luck with the swelling/pain

3. Leon

Leon New Member

Yeah, I couldn't ask her to get it done, when she has already been thru way to much. And Thanks. :) Things are already doing better.

4. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I think it's WONDERFUL that you got it done. I want my husband to get one (someday), but right now he is refusing. I'm sure your wife is very appreciative ;)

5. lick wid nit wit

lick wid nit wit Official OT Oracle

I had my tubes tied a while back :) It was actually pretty easy but then again I have never had kids. My brother just recently got the ole' snip snip and rode his motorcycle home from the procedure :eek3:

I took him out that weekend and had a vasectomy party for him :bigthumb:

6. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Exactly. The woman has already gone through enough pain with bearing the children, shouldn't the man take some responsibility for birth control by having a vasectomy? ;)

7. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

And if you don't want to support child after child, you'd get a vasectomy ;) Don't blame me if I get pregnant every year because you want nothing to do with birth control.
    Plus (and no offense), I really don't think you can use your wife as an example for this. It's obvious that didn't care how she felt about things. :o

8. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

Thats a show. I would never do that!

Whats the problem with wrapping your junk up?? Why u gotta cut the boys off??? :-(

9. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Who on earth wants to use condoms with their WIFE? :hsugh:

10. Guz200sx

I'd rather use a condom then do that!!:ugh:

condoms FTW

Last edited: Feb 18, 2007
  11. luxy

luxy OT Supporter

do you have any idea what a vasectomy is? :ugh:

12. Guz200sx

Obviously not faghat n00b.

Read and Learn. It does a mind good.

Vasectomy is a permanent birth control method. In some conventional clinics all or part of the vasa deferentia are surgically removed, thus sterilizing the patient. In more modern clinics and in no-scalpel (keyhole) vasectomies none of the vas is removed, but is instead cut and sealed.

Vasectomy should not be confused with castration: vasectomy does not involve removal of the testicles and it affects neither the production of male sex hormones (mainly testosterone) nor their secretion into the bloodstream. Therefore sexual desire (libido) and the ability to have an erection and an orgasm with an ejaculation are not affected. Because the sperm itself makes up a very small proportion of an ejaculation, vasectomy does not significantly affect the volume, appearance, texture or flavor of the ejaculate. Similarly, in females, hormone production, libido, and the menstrual cycle are not affected by a tubal ligation.

13. Hate Crime

Hate Crime Don't Hate OT Supporter

:rofl: :noes:

14. luxy

luxy OT Supporter

:rofl: I knew that, you're the one that's talking about people getting their balls cut off

15. Guz200sx

One Word for that - OUCH!:o

16. Leon

Leon New Member

My balls are still attached and there. They just can't deliver sperm up to the gland that creates the semen. The pain is less today and the swelling is going down.

17. fray

fray New Member

I think the point is when two people decide together that they don't want any more children together, it is easier for the man to get a vasectomy than for a woman to get tubal sterilization. Historically, it was much more invasive for a woman to have the surgery done than for a male, even though it seems to be more of a scare and blow to the ego of men.

18. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

And that kids, is why marriages fail. Marriages are about compromise and working together.

19. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Exactly. Guys can get their vasectomy's reversed AND it's not as painful and invasive as the woman's version; so man the fuck up.

20. RxZ

RxZ New Member

You should be ok tomorrow, but having the extra day off (maybe) will be a help. I know that my father-in-law does most of his vasectomey appointments on Friday so that they have the weekend to recover. Most of them are back to work on Monday and have very little problems. Still may be sore for a few more days, but nothing serious.

21. Leon

Leon New Member

I have off until Thursday. I wanted to make sure that I had the time off to recover. My job is physically intense, and I wanted to make sure I had as much time to heal as I could get.

22. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Yes, it does. You are just as responsible for her becoming pregnant as she is. It should take a mutual decision to have a baby, and it should be a mutual decision to not have a baby. Birth control (permanent or otherwise) should be and is the responsibility of both parties.

There is a difference between compromising and being a doormat. Which were you? ;)

23. Pringles

Pringles New Member

props to you for that. BUt I dont think I could ever trust a women enough to never want to cum again. Good luck with it.

24. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

:ugh: A man still ejaculates after he has a vasectomy, it just does not contain sperm. http://www.webmd.com/hw/birth_control/hw7265.asp

25. fray

fray New Member

yeah...the misinformation abounds in this thread... no wonder guys freak out about it.