SRS So I just found out that my ex-gf is pregnant and it's totally fucked my head...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Fishbait, May 21, 2007.

1. Fishbait

Fishbait New Member

Hello friends... It was Fishy's bday today and his ex-gf called him up around 11 PM to wish him a Happy Birthday. It was nice to get the call from her as I still care about her and nice to hear ya know. I broke up with her in mid to late March. We'd been dating for ~9 months and I realized I just wasn't in love with her like she was with me. I felt it better to let her go now than later when it would hurt more.

Before we get any further into this, the kids are not mine. We were exchanging the "what have you been up to" stories and she unloaded hers on me. About a month after our breakup she was introduced to this fellow by her sister and long story short they got drunk and she got knocked up. With twins. After finding out the news she let him know and he basically told her to "fuck off and die" in not so many words.

*sigh*

Anyways... I feel like shit and just wanted to get this off my chest. She told me that she wants to keep the babies and has decided that she will just raise them on her own even without any of his help. I feel so badly like this is the worst possible decision she can be making. She's only 21... not even 22 until July of this year.

*double sigh*

Thoughts?

This girl is such a sweetheart and never did anything wrong towards me. The spark just wasn't there and I had to do what's right for me too. God it's so tough to sit here thinking she's just throwing her life away now.

2. Fishbait

Fishbait New Member

btw.. this is not some "I'm thinking of getting back with her" thoughts on my part. i'm not. i'm just sad. sad for her.

head is scrambled.

3. BStark

BStark Well looky here. OT Supporter

That sucks man. I kind of went through the same thing with this girl I was having sex with. We quit seeing each other, and about 1 1/2 months afterwards, she tells me she's pregnant.

Def. fucked with my head. Thankfully, it's not mine.

4. Pyropup55

Pyropup55 Active Member

be a friend but that's it. Becareful or you might end up being "daddy" anyways

5. Fishbait

Fishbait New Member

nah... i'm no baby daddy.. (that was a spot of humor there btw)

woke up today feeling like crrrrrrrrrrrrrrrap.

i just want to tell this girl to "abort abort!"

:hs:

6. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

Honestly I laughed when I found out one of my ex's was preggo least it wasn't mine

7. Fishbait

Fishbait New Member

under dif circumstances with a dif girl i might have reacted the same... as i mentioned previously however, this girl hasn't ever hurt anybody. she doesn't deserve this shit to deal with all alone.

she was madly in love with me and it hurts to see this result come out of the breakup. i'm not sitting here thinking it's my fault or whatever but one action caused one reaction so.......... just makes me sad.

:sadwavey:

8. mug

mug New Member

Well the same thing kind of happened to my ex-gf. However we did have sex a couple of times post breakup - but she also had sex with another guy which she claimed one time but I don't really trust too many women. Sooo, she had an abortion (I went with her) and it really did fuck me up because I didn't know it was mine or not. I'm also indifferent about the abortion topic. Wow, tough first post for me ;(

9. KingKhai

KingKhai New Member

You can offer your opinion and what you think about the situation. But you don't want to "tell her" to do anything. Last thing she need is someone telling her what to do. In the end it is her decision, and whatever she decide she'll have to live with. Only thing you can do is try to be there for her as a "friend."

10. Gregsaidthat

Gregsaidthat "Individuality is the new conformity"

Right the fuck on the head of the nail!

11. autobahn

autobahn New Member

kids will end up criminals

just sayin'

12. Fishbait

Fishbait New Member

ping.

that's exactly what i'm going to do. i know it's her choice... just want to show her, as a friend, that she has options. there's a great christian-based adoption agency here in houston i'm going to suggest she call as well. perhaps there is a sad couple out there who can't have kids and would love to adopt some twins.

:hsd:

13. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Newborns go fast. Just have to put them up before they get too old.

14. armond

armond New Member

sounds a little bit ignorant to be saying... didn't think comments like that were acceptable in here.

anyway, it is only natural to feel a bit sorry for her and for the situation. but keep yourself uninvolved or you might find yourself wanting to help her. things like this happen, it is what you do with the situation and how you look at it that will determine the outcome.

15. IHAVECRABS

IHAVECRABS Diversity is our strength. LOLOL

I fail to see how she is throwing her life away

16. Fishbait

Fishbait New Member

been working hard to save up scratch to move out of her parents crib. didn't go back to classes this past (spring) semester so she could focus on work / saving money.

this shit happens and as of right now she is thinking she'll just live w/ her brother, his wife, his son, and carry two kids to term all alone.

dunno how else you'd describe the situation.

:dunno:

17. Fishbait

Fishbait New Member

smart enough to just glaze over comments like that ya know. thought about it for a moment then was like "nahhhhh..." ;)

this isn't my first rodeo ya know.. i'm not gonna be swindled with emotion and become someone else's baby daddy. :nono:

i always thought she was a real sweet girl and figured she could use a friend right now that's all. :hsd:

18. gweary

gweary New Member

You are right that she shouldn't have to deal with it alone, but it is her fault for putting herself in the situation. Being a friend that can talk to her is as far as I would go with it though, it's good that you don't have any feeling of obligation to be her babies' daddy though.

19. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

:hug: That's crappy for both of you. Good luck Fish :hs:

20. Fishbait

Fishbait New Member

:hug:

:hsd: