So I just failed 70-290 for the second time...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Alt+F4, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Alt+F4

Alt+F4 official OT hockey stud

...and it's doing a number on my confidence. I've never failed at anything in my life, much less twice. The first time I admit, I may not have been ready...but I honestly thought I was gonna kill the second time. I ended up 20pts lower than my first try. I honestly got questions with answers I'd never seen before. Not shit I'd forgotten, but stuff I really have never in my life even heard of. This probably happened four or five times. I feel like there's just so much to know...I'm installing 2003 on my home computer tonight just so I can use it...

I don't really know what to do but study more and try again, but failing one more time and I'm going to have serious career changing thoughts...I'm almost 25 and stuck at this job for two years AFTER I get my MCSE (that they're paying for) - and here I am, not even able to pass the first one.

Talk about your quarter life crisis...maybe this should be in Asylum...

2. Scoob_13

Scoob_13 Anything is possible, but the odds are astronomica

Sounds like you're psyching yourself out. How are you preparing?

3. Alt+F4

My work paid for me to go to a few classes last fall, the official Microsoft curriculum. I studied my notes from there and also used a few practice tests as well as the Mike Myers Passport book, which was useless. One good resource (or so I thought) that I "found" was the TestOut program, which is actually a curriculum with videos of each section, almost like you were sitting in the class.

I installed 2003 last night and I'm gonna grab a laptop from work and do some labs. Hopefully that'll help.

4. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

The Study guides at Fravo.com are very good. I used them to help with my MCSA tests and they are great. They only cost $40 and they guarantee you to pass or they will refund your money.

HTH.

5. Alt+F4

I guess you don't remember this thread :o :

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=1472817&highlight=fravo

The pics are gone, but the questions were WAY wrong, like the programming was f'd up. The wrong answers were listed for each question. Never did hear back from them or get my money back.

6. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

Yea, now, I remember that...

Like I said in that post, I used their guides for a few MCSA tests and 90% of the study questions and answers were exactly on my tests word for word...

7. col_panic

col_panic calm like a bomb Moderator

don't feel too bad, i know a guy who failed the cissp exam twice - $400 a pop, and six hours of his life wasted each time :eek4:

8. BagdHoe

BagdHoe Draggg it!!

9. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

Yep, I just got an e-mail about that today.

10. BagdHoe

BagdHoe Draggg it!!

I wish I would of found out about it an hour earlier. I had already signed up for my test and then found about the re-take an hour later.

11. Alt+F4

Wow thanks guys - now I just hope I don't need it :big grin:

12. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

Don't worry about it, we all have bad days. Just take a break, and come back to it with a refreshed mind.

13. Goonigoogoo

Goonigoogoo Active Member

Don't get discouraged bud, keep at it. Do as many practice tests as you can, especially from different sources so it broadens the scope of questions you might get. Prcatice tests, practice tests, practice tests.

I'm shocked that you didn't like Mike Meyers' book, i find his stuff extremly educational and very easy to read, and i hate reading. He dumbs things down for common folk like me. I must say though i'm glad i didn't stick just to him when i took my test or else i would have failed it. My best advice to you is to get information from as many authors, quizes, etc as you can.