SRS So I just broke up with my girlfriend of two years.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TonyMontana, Mar 17, 2007.

1. TonyMontana

TonyMontana Black and Gold

Dont really know how to feel. Im sort of stunned its actually over. I havent been happy for awhile and recently just told her that I really didnt want to be in a committed relationship right now. She didnt really listen to me I guess, and she figured we would get back together even though I told her I really wasnt at the right place to be in a relationship right now. I thought that maybe after things calmed down for me, I would give it another shot.

Tonight she called me and abruptly expected us to be hanging out. Since she had told me earlier that she also had plans I decided to do other things. We started arguing and she tells me (like she always does) she never said anything about her having plans, other excuses, etc. Anyways she asked me if we were going to get back together and I basically said I didnt want a committed relationship at the moment. I am just enjoying doing what I want right now and I was recently depressed about alot of things that just sort of blew over lately. I really dont know if what I did was actually the right thing to do and if I went about it correctly.

2. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

You shouldn't string her along, just tell her it's over. None of this "I don't want to be together now but maybe we'll get back together later" stuff. If you aren't happy with her now then you're not going to be happy with her later either. You both need to know that it's completely over so you can move on with your lives.

3. TonyMontana

TonyMontana Black and Gold

I find it really hard to let go. I've gone through some rocky stuff with her and love her I mean she is perfect but I just dont feel it like I used to.

4. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Ok I just saw that you were 20 so that explains it. Everybody thinks that those young relationships are "perfect" and doesn't want to let go. Trust me, she's not perfect and you WILL find someone better later. You aren't feeling it anymore because young relationships aren't meant to last. You are supposed to date around and find out what you want and don't want in a partner. Yes, it's going to be hard to get over it but that's not a reason to stay with her or string her along. The longer you drag this on, the harder it's going to be. If you are happier now than you were when you were with her then you know you made the right decision. You probably need to stop being friends with her for now so that both of you can move on with your lives.

5. ay thunderrcat

ay thunderrcat You can have all the hoes, I'm gon keep the women.

an ex once told me... you cant base your relationship on what already happened or what happened in the past (going through all those things together) because it doesnt mean jack shit, because youd be basing your relationship on memories, you need to look at the situation in the present and what it would be like in the future. if you dont feel like you dont wanna be in a committed relationship right now, chances are you wouldnt wanna be in one with her pretty much forever. id just say move on.

6. ia_cox

ia_cox Active Member

that's nicely worded, I might take that to heart...

7. Isaac

Isaac New Member

She's obviously not doing anything for you if outside pressure in your life causes you to want to ditch her, so you don't need to be in a relationship with her.

That means you made the right choice, so don't feel bad about it. You were probably just making things bad for both of you.

A functional relationship requires that you both help each other out and lift each other up. If that's not happening, and the other person is adding more stress to your life than they're taking away, there's a problem. Think about that in terms of what you are doing to them, too, btw.