So I intentionally put myself in an uncomfortable situation this weekend

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Falconer, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I went to a party where I only knew 2 people :eek3:

Ok, I live with 3 people, this one dude, another guy, and his GF. The GF's sister was having a graduation party and I was invited so I decided to stop by (I was going some place else and it was on the way, anyway). The only people I knew were the GF and my roommate (who didn't arrive until a few hours after me). I had met her sister (the graduating one) once before.

I hate being in this situation (huge group of people where I only know 1 person), so I decided it would be good social practice. To make things harder on myself (and because I'm lazy), I didn't even dress up or anything. I was wearing jeans, a white t-shirt, I hadn't shaved in 4 days (which makes me look scrubby, not rugged), and for the coup de grâce I pushed my hair into a faux-hawk (which looks funny on me cuz my hair is receding in the front, anyway).

So not only am I in an uncomfortable situation, but I look goofy, too. So any success I have will be based entirely on me being cool and not on being pre-accepted based on my looks.

There was only one attractive chick there, she was married, and her husband was there. The average age was like 24-28, except for the parents/relatives that were there.

So I go find my roommate (the chick) and she's like "cool, you came!" I told her to introduce me to the important people cuz I didn't know anyone. So I do some meet-and-greets, fake-and-shakes, etc. Then I find myself standing alone, which reeks of no social proof, so I start picking random people and walking up to them and being like "hey, I'm Falconer." But I'm uninteresting so the conversation dies down and they walk away. lol.

Ok you know the game Bags that drunk people play in college? There are 3 Bags boxes set up, so I meet this guy and I'm like "dude, let's play bags. I'm sure we can kill these other people." But we ended up getting owned. lol.

The alpha of everyone there was some big weightlifter dude in a white polo with a popped collar ::coughdouchebagcough::. When I saw him I was going to walk up and go "hey Mr. Popped-collar, what's your name?" But he pre-emptively struck by asking my name first. Whoops.

Oh, back to the married chick. I talked to her and her husband for a while but some other dude came in and stole the show by telling some boring story. Yawn. This is the shit I have to work on... he was boring as fuck and his story was retarded but he held the attention of the group. This stuff still boggles my mind. Anyway, she was hot... an 8 or a 9... her husband was average looking and a bit large... thus proving once again that looks don't matter for dudes. However, he was "masculine," despite not being super-good looking, which probably explains how he has a hot wife.

(I don't mean for the next paragraph to insult anyone... it's coming from my perspective)

Except for the dude in the popped collar shirt, most of the people there were of a demographic with which I am not familiar... most of them were blue-collarish, electricians or construction guys or carpenters, with forearm tattoos or full sleeve tattoos, and most of the conversation revolved around motorcycles and/or guns. Not my thing, and also not something with which I am familiar. Some dudes were even wearing wifebeaters and had tribal tattoos on their biceps/shoulders. Can you get more stereotypically lame? Of course they had more game and social proof than me, which I'm starting to understand why despite insisting that this look is stupid.

So overall, I did a shitty job socially, but at least I put myself in an awkward situation for a few hours and I got some free food out of the deal. w00t.

2. I'm proud of you, and this shows that one day you will get what you want falconer. :bowdown:

3. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Good for you man, really, sink or swim is the ONLY way to improve your personal skills.
    I've been really reclusive since my breakup, i've been trying to do similar things. This post is sort of an inspiration.

4. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I should post a pic of myself right now (I still haven't shaved) with my faux-hawk. I look so fucking funny that every time I walk past a mirror I laugh.

I'm 26. I can't grow a full beard of mustache, nor can I grow full sideburns, but yet I can have a receding hairline. Oh hair genetics, why dost thou mock me?!

demon, stfu, you're a chick and you're hot. You'll have no problems socially. It's us guys that have to do all the work to attract people. Of course, you seem to be intelligent and picky, so you probably have trouble fighting of all the tools that are attracted to you physically. amirite?

5. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Ok, I took a pic. It's on my phone and I can't transfer it to my comp and upload it until I get back to my roommate's house (I'm at my parent's house this weekend).

6. demosnat

demosnat New Member

:squint: there is no N at the end of demo sir. Demosnat= Demosthenes the Naturalist

I've had bad social anxiety lately, this has nothing to do with attracting men, just any sort of friendly social gathering. ugh. When I'm being social I'm not generally looking to get attention from men (at least not right now), just conversation and fun.

Urrite. But I am remarkably adept at fending off men. :)

7. This we all know. ;)

8. demosnat

demosnat New Member

:rofl: you should see it in action. Especially when drunk.

9. I'd prefer not to, I'm scared of drunk girls, they throw shoes at me. :rofl:

10. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

:wtc:

11. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

I'm on chapter 3, no one spoil the ending

12. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Oh not you dear :mamoru: :naughty:

13. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Jkidd kills them all

sorry

14. demosnat

demosnat New Member

ahahaha oh poor thing.
    I've never been physically violent towards would be suitors, just very very mean, and only then when they're being dicks about it and not leaving me alone after a polite request or two :hs:

15. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

A drunk chick hit me in the nuts with a 10 pound book once....

16. I've had beer bottles broken over my head when I'm just saying Hi, so you can see my fear is well founded. :eek3:

17. lauren

lauren Active Member

:h5: you've got more balls than me.

18. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson New Member

i read halfway through. fucking change your internal psychology and me-against-the-world mentality dude i odn't even want to read the shit you post

19. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

oh good :cuddle:

and yeah, thats always a hard place to be, in a room where you dont know anyone, but everyone knows each other :hs:

see, thats the thing, you dont have to be interesting, you just have to move the topic to things the other person is interested in and they will carry the conversation. then if you are able to semi hold your own, agree with some things, dissagree with others, they will think you are a very interesting person, even if you havnt said anything original. people like talking about their interests.

20. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

lol.

Half of your posts recently are "Damn, Falconer got smart." The other half are "fuck, don't wanna read your shit."

21. Abomb

Abomb New Member

you do need to rewire your internal pyschology

22. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

:nono: Not true at all, looks have nothing to do with it.

23. demosnat

demosnat New Member

I know. I think he was confused, thinking my recent social issues have to do with getting men, my issue at the moment is with personal interaction in general.

24. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I was saying that, for women, really all they have to do initially to create attraction is be attractive.

For men, it doesn't work that way. Men have to do all this crap to flip the attraction switches in women. A man's looks have little to do with overall initial attraction.

25. lauren

lauren Active Member

what about long term? don't girls have to keep working to keep your attraction, just like guys? doesn't it even out over time?