SRS so i have this friend...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by c0dyblah, Aug 20, 2007.

1. c0dyblah

c0dyblah New Member

some background: i have a friend of the opposite sex whom i've known for quite a while now.. since my jr. year of high school, and its been almost 4 1/2 years. relationship has been strictly friends on both sides for the most part. but the thought of starting something serious always comes and goes. the reason is because shes a "debbie downer" (if you guys down watch snl then you prob don't know what im talking about)

but anyways, always either online, or in person (even tho only once in a while i see her) and everytiem we communicate she always brings up something wrong...car/school/work/family. and the things she says always has some akward silence afterwards, cause theres no way i can help her, even though i would like to and all my responses are just "oh" and "that sucks"
    it makes me sad, but i care for her dearly and i have no clue what to do to help her. and thats sorta what held me back to start a relationship with her, cause then it might seem unsteady.

cliffs: ladyfriend is always a downer, iffy on starting a relationship, and want to help her at the same time

2. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

4 1/2 years you're deep into the friendzone...I wouldn't even waste my time with a girl that complains all the time

3. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

You're her therapist...it's very doubtful that she sees the possibility of anything romantic happening with you.

And if you're tired of it, suggest she see someone who gets paid to listen to her problems.

4. Ark

Ark New Member

I just had this same thing happen to me but she wasn't a friend for 4.5 years. She doesn't want you to fix anything for her she just wants you to be there and listen. At this point I would definitely say she has no feelings for you in that way. You can take the chance and see what happens like I did but don't be surprised if she tells you she just likes you as a friend. Take a second and think about it. I know you like her but do you really want to be in a relationship where the girl consistently complains and makes you feel sad/bad. I know I don't. I want a relationship that makes me happy.

5. Arclight

Arclight Hypercube

You're definitely her emotional whore.

Translation:

You.

6. Jack Horner

Jack Horner Guest

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::bowdown:

7. c0dyblah

c0dyblah New Member

hahah

well the thought about relationship always occurs like for a minute, and then leaves my mind quickly.
    but i'd would really rather help her as a friend, than as a boyfriend