So I have this friend I want to ask out on a date

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Marmot, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Marmot

Marmot Guest

We've been hanging out a lot more than usual lately and I've always been too chicken to ask her out on a date.

I'm gonna ask if she wants to grab dinner and rent a movie this weekend. What is the best way of clarifying that I want it to be a date?

2. OBEY KITAGAWA

OBEY KITAGAWA New Member

Clarify that it's only going to be you two...

3. bokhan

bokhan i love you

that doesn't help if it's been just them two till now.

4. Marmot

Marmot Guest

Sometimes I think it's gonna be just us when we hang out, but other people end up joining us. Other times, we've hung out and watched movies at her place alone.

I've asked her to hang out plenty of times before, as she has with me as well. I'm thinking this time I'll try something like "so do you want to go to dinner and get a movie, but like a date this time?"

5. OBEY KITAGAWA

OBEY KITAGAWA New Member

Go for it

6. prae

prae OT Supporter

hold the phone, sounds like she might ALREADY think these are dates.

better think about that before you go and say "like a date this time" because that might hurt her feelings.

Go read up on the ladder theory

7. naughtie

naughtie New Member

:rofl: that's true.

8. EdvardGrieg

EdvardGrieg New Member

Couple things, one assume that it's going to happen; i.e. don't ask her if she wants to do that tell her that the two of you are going to have dinner together and then rent a movie. Additionally, you can phrase it as "just the two of us" to imply it is a date and that way you can avoid the ladder theory nonsense.

9. Marmot

Marmot Guest

I'm not sure if she thought the previous get togethers were dates or not. I personally don't think they were. Sometimes it was just us though. Sometimes others came along.

Would I get the point across if I paid for it and said just the two of us?

10. rpark

rpark New Member

Paying for things definitely gets a message across. =)

See how she takes that.

11. EdvardGrieg

EdvardGrieg New Member

Depends on the girl, speaking from personal experience I have known some bitches (and that is a term I use specifically for these women) that would expect me to pay even knowing that it wasn't a date and we were going as just friends (she had a boyfriend). Anyway, when you've been out with her before did you ever offer to pay? What did she say? Still though, this can be a really odd indicator as some women are becoming much more independent and want to pay for themselves even if it is a date etc. In other words, you can try this, but I would be careful with what happens either one way or the other. I think you got the wording fairly good, just make sure there is no confusion about who is going, and who is not.

12. JumboJym69

JumboJym69 New Member

yeah dude what ever you say, DO NOT SAY "like a date this time," that would make the both of you feel very awkward. "just the two of us" is a good way to put it, paying for shit is good too. Also a good way to let her know how you are feeling about her is to hold her hand sometime or put your arm around her sometime during the night, don't make a big deal out of it though. I wouldn't even say anything at all about it, say you are walking next to her into where-ever just grab her hand or something. She will get the hint I promise. Just go for it dude it sounds like things are gonna work out for you