SRS So, I have no idea where I'm going in life.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Speed_Demon1965, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Speed_Demon1965

Speed_Demon1965 New Member

So my story kinda starts with me sorta dropping out of college. I went to a shitty community college for almost 2 years and sometime during the end I was so fucking depressed I stopped going at all, ultimately fucking up all of my grades and wasting money on about 2 terms. After attempting to get my shit together (therapy, meds, etc) I attempted to go back to finish and just did the same thing. I never went to class because I hated school and slept half the day anyway.

So here I am, 21, working a part time job, living with my parents, and will soon be paying back student loans for a degree that I don't even have. I've never been a very outgoing person, have never been in love, and I stopped enjoying drinking when I was about 19. I live in a shitty ass small town where there is absolutely nothing to do and I barely have a hand full of friends I hang out with on a daily basis.

I'm considering getting off my lazy ass one of these days and going out to find a full time job to help pay the bills for awhile. But, what the fuck else am I supposed to do? Like I said, I don't enjoy drinking. Not the taste, nor the being drunk part, it all just makes me sick now. Anytime I go to a party or get together I'm always singled out as the guy not drinking. It fucking pisses me off and I usually get bored and leave. I want to be able to have a good time and maybe meet a girl that isn't retarded or slutty as shit and eventually fall in love, but I don't see that happening any time soon either.

So help me out here...I'm going nowhere! :hsd:

2. Jarg0n

Jarg0n New Member

The sooner the better, so my hard earned dollars aren't footing your bills.

3. Sure why not?

Sure why not? New Member

The only time to get off your lazy ass is now. If you wait, there's no hope.

4. GuantanamoBay

GuantanamoBay New Member

Dream big, take a chance, you'll probably fail but it's still better than not doing anything.

5. northw3st

northw3st New Member

Join the Air Force. Do it for about 5 years, get money, get organized. Thank me later.

6. disley

disley Ooooh no it isn't. Ooooh yes it is. OT Supporter

What have you got to lose?
    The world's out there and you can do anything you like, so go and do something.

7. saosko

saosko OT Supporter

Stop complaining, and do something about it.

8. OniMinion

OniMinion ...recalls when this forum was actually about cars OT Supporter

Nice response? WTF? :dunno:

run, Run RUN! Get out of that small ass town! It's like a Sarlacc trap that will digest you for 10,000 years (IDK, Star Wars reference)! It reminds me of the analogy of a plant, place a plant in a small bucket and it will remain small, place it in a big bucket and it will get big, plant it outside and it will change the landscape forever.

Find a place you'd like to go, and maybe someone from town that would take a leap as well (makes rent and the change easier). If no one is available for such an adventure, then check Craigslist -> watch out for murderers though.

9. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Two thoughts:

1. Working so you can eat is a big part of anyone's direction in life. That will absolutely help, provided it's not a dead-end job where you don't learn any new skills. It really would help if you just suffered through finishing classes instead of slacking off because you don't know what comes next, though.

2. Do what you used to do as a kid. Seriously. Dig out your old toys and play with them a bit, try to remind yourself what kinds of things you thought were fun back then. Maybe it was football, maybe it was Lego sets, whatever. You haven't lost interest in those things, you've just forgotten why you liked them in the first place. Rediscover your childhood interests and then see what people who used to like those things do for fun nowadays, and try that too. Build on your past.

10. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

The only thing I want to point out in all of this is:

You tried to get your degree twice, but you stopped going to class and just ended up sleeping all day, yet you sit here and say that you don't know what you're doing with your life?

Obviously, you have chosen already. School may not be that important to a lot of people here, but I feel that it is one of the more essential parts to living a very comfortable life. Opportunities aren't going to be handed to you on a forum, you need to get your ass up and start LOOKING for what you are going to do with your life.

11. Jester

Jester OT Supporter

There is no way of really knowing at 21 what is the "right" direction... I would think that the important thing would be to go in some direction.

I guess if you have no idea what you want to do, doing something that allows you to see a lot of different options would make sense. Another poster suggested the Air Force as an option.