So i have an appointment for a consultation for male breast reduction

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Atooraya, Feb 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atooraya

Atooraya I'm here to rustle jimmies and chew bubble gum. I'

really embarassing subject for me first of all, and ibflames :sad2:

since i was little, i was a big kid. in 7th grade i remember being teased about having my bitch tits.

I'm 22 now, and i'm 210 at 5'10 and still have man boobs. The lowest weight i got to was when i was 19 and i was 194 at 5'10 and i was a size 33 waist, but you could still see my man tits.

Now i'm a 34/36 waist (college weight that i'm going to get off) but this problem has bothered me since i was 10 yrs old, and after 12 years they're still there. I can't even take off my shirt at the pool because i get emabarassed.

Has anyone else done this procedure? Should i look into anything else before i do this?

I don't want to post pics, but they're a handful :wtc:

Update 1: 2/23/06

I went in for the consultation today. I talked to the doctor who is Peter E. Johnson and is one of the best plastic surgeons in Chicago. I talked to him, and he checked me out and said that it's not fat tissue, but it's breast tissue because it does feel very rubbery. Even if i did lose weight, the mass would still be there and i would have the problem still.

I was given an estimate which was $5600 :eek4: But it covers EVERYTHING. You write out the check and it covers the surgery, the follow up visits, the chest wrap that you have to wear for a few weeks as well.

He said i could go back go working out after 3 weeks. After the surgery, he said it would feel pretty much like i had done a shitload of bench presses and that would be the only pain i would have with it. I can walk around and everything as well, but just do light stuff to prevent blood clotting. He also said that if you do excess stuff, you could induce pools of blood up there which would have to be drained out.

Finally, he said that the only thing after the surgery would be a scar right underneath the nipple which wouldn't be noticable unless it was being looked for by anyone.

My parents and I are going to discuss this tonight. I don't think insurance will cover it because they already sent a letter saying no, and this is an elective surgery

update 2:

parents gave the thumbs up. They realize that this is something that has bothered me forever, ever since i was TEN.

parents also know i had lost a lot of weight and they were still there. My mom was just like "who cares, you can always wear looser clothes" and i told her "mom, i want to be able to go to the pool or beach, or wear tighter fitting clothes so chicks can check out my guns

Surgery is scheduled for March 14th

UPDATE 3: 3/9/06

everything is still rolling. I got a prescription for vicodin and zofran(which is $50 for ONE pill). I'm all set for it. can't lift anything for 2 weeks. He also said that he had some guy who was a big gym junkie and a 'roid user. he got the surgery, and 4 days later, went to the gym and lifted some light weights, but he got puss and blood pool in his breasts and went to a B cup. They had to drain it all out :barf:

I'll take before pics on monday (before surgery), then some of the wrapping, and then after on 3/25 :)

update 3/14 day of surgery
    got in, took pictures and signed some papers.

I went into the OR, they put me to sleep, and then i woke up. My chest feels kinda sore now, like after a day of lifting, and a tad bit tender as well. I feel pretty good, just kinda groggy from the anestesia.

All in all, it went quick, and it doesn't hurt bad at all :) gonna have some soup then pop in some vicodin :coold:

Update: The day after surgery:

Last night, went to bad late cuz after i got home from surgery, i took a nap till 9pm, went back to bed at 5am. I didn't sleep very well either because i usually sleep on my side or stomach and you can't do that after surgery, so i think tonite i'm going to try and sleep in the recliner :sad2:

Just woke up now, and my back is kinda stiff and my chest hurts a bit more. It feels like after a heavy workout, but it's also tender as hell.

This vest is fucking TIGHT and i think it's helping hurt my back :mad: Also, my throat is a bit sore because i guess during the surgery they put some sort of tube down there to help my breathing. Nurse called in just now to check up on me, and i asked them to up my vicodin because i was "hurting" but she said "you'll be better tommorrow :hsugh:" :mad:

Like i said, i'm going back into the office on friday. I'm gonna feel dirty as shit though cuz i can't shower till then :mad:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2006
  2. not your average

not your average      ¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ OT Supporter

do what ya gotta do

best of luck! :wavey:

3. gam3ovr

gam3ovr Y Hel0 Thar................

Good luck..... Have you tried exercising to lose that weight?

4. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

join the gyno crew

5. Hartman

Hartman New Member

a cubs fan with bitch titties...rofl

6. atrax27

atrax27 New Member

do you work out?

(man titties are different from bitch titties ya know)

7. darkostoj

darkostoj NEEEERRRRDDDDSSSS

how much does the surgery run?

8. Atooraya

yes i've worked out, and nothing changes at all with it :sad2:

my gut and face and everythign will change, but the gyno is still there

9. Jam_Master_J

Jam_Master_J New Member

everyone gets bitch tits when they are fat.

10. darkostoj

darkostoj NEEEERRRRDDDDSSSS

have you tried any estrogen blockers...loike 6-oxo?

11. Atooraya

nope, only taken xenadrine rfa-1

only supplement i've ever had. I've had this shit since i was LITTLE, all my pics of me when i was young are the same way.

I'll find out on thursday if it is gyno, or if it can go away from exercise, but i talked to my doctor about it and he said he thinks it is gyno

12. BillyJackNCoke

BillyJackNCoke I've got something to say, I raped your mother tod

mine's like that except for when I get cold they shrink up and look normal so when I got to the pool I take off my shirt and jump right in.

13. Atooraya

same with my nipples :embd:

14. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

Which would do absolutely nothing.

6-oxo is an aromatase inhibitor anyway.

15. DCyamaha

DCyamaha O-line found

good luck :wavey:

16. Cachee0

Cachee0 OT's Technical Recruiter, Send me your resume

Good Luck man!!, Please Post information about the surgery. Your not the only one!

17. MP18

MP18 New Member

from what i understand its a genetic thing, and a lot of guys have it, some cases are just more serious that others and it bothers some a lot more than others, i know some guys that have it....i saw some show on the discovery health channel or something about a guy that got his removed, he was also embarrassed to go to the pool and take his shirt off, the surgery was pretty successful and he's happy with the results so if you decide to go with it you should expect good results :bigthumb:

18. jonno

jonno New Member

alot of guys have it.. you're not alone.

19. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

this seems to be the most popular "crew" on F&N

20. Atooraya

yea i read that 40-60% have some sort of this problem.

i'm sure that not many fess up because of embarassment but i just manned up and made the thread to get some feedback :hsd:

i guess recovery isn't bad either.
    It's a local anesthetic, then you can shower after 24 hours, pick up stuff after 2-3 days, and go back to the gym after 3-5 days.
    You'll still have some bruising and swelling for about a month, and then that's it

21. Cachee0

Cachee0 OT's Technical Recruiter, Send me your resume

Excellent sounds good.:)

22. nathanbx

nathanbx New Member

Lancer is the ring leader

23. Danny

Danny New Member

If you get them bigger you'll shorten the ROM on bench

24. Jam_Master_J

Jam_Master_J New Member

Avoid drinking tap water, I saw a special on the national geographic channel about the male and female endocrine systems. They said over the last 30 or so years there has been a significant drop in male sperm count.

This drop is largely attributed to the excess amounts of enstrogen deposited into our sewer system from female birth control pills (they piss out hormones). While sewer treatment and filtration removes bacteria and contaminants from the water it dosent filter hormones.

Bitch tits from the wimmenz pee pee.

25. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

I always knew you couldnt trust something that bleads for a week and doesnt die.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.