So i have adobe design cs3....

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by phr34k, Jul 8, 2007.

1. phr34k

phr34k New Member

And havent got the faintest idea how to use any of it other than using photoshop to resize and brighten pics. Im just addicted to getting new apps for the mac,but i should learn how to use em i guess...lol
    Any suggestions on tutorials and the like? As i said.... ive got the full suite and added light room earlier. I guess the fact that i cant photoshop my little southpark guy prompted me to make this post...haha

thx in advance guys!

2. skolen

skolen Guest

3. rorykinz

rorykinz New Member

cs3 is amazing.

go through all the 'how to' things in photoshop first.. an skim over the manual of the other programs

theres no point using tutorials unless you know how to use the basic program functions. They will give u a good basis to work.

I really dunno bout tutorials tho.. I have seen some learning dvd movies to download .. maybe check some torrent sites

4. phr34k

phr34k New Member

noted... thanks for the insight

5. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

6. Raider007

Raider007 om nom nom nom

best way to learn photoshop is honestly just to play around with it...get some tutorials to get the basics then just completely do whatever.

Illustrator will frustrate you, and InDesign probably has no purpose for you at all...

7. skolen

skolen Guest

I have a few books I bought way back when for PS:5 by Coriolis. They are by far worth their weight in gold if you are serious about learning it.

The beginners books break down what the filters do, how to do basic photography retouches and masking. They're ~$50-60 a pop.

8. rorykinz

rorykinz New Member

[​IMG]

This is somin I knocked up quickly as a teaching aid.

Obviously the letter is the shortcut key, holding down shift and pressing the shortcut key again scrolls through to the next tool that can be selected by the keyboard. Not all tools can be selected by the keyboard shortcuts tho, but the tools you will need to use most of the time will.

Print this out and stick it on the side of your monitor, the quicker you learn the shortcuts and what all these tools do the quicker you will learn the program.