SRS so i had sex with my cousin....

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by DesignerAddic71, Aug 31, 2005.

1. DesignerAddic71

DesignerAddic71 RIP Luther Vandross 1951-2005

so the title pretty much speaks for itself.

a little background info: me and this cousin have been incredibly close since we were 7, we are both now 20. we are like 5th or 6th cousins, our great great grandfathers are brothers or something like that. i'm in FL, and he's in NY. i used to spend every summer in NY from when i was 7 until i was around 16, and every summer he was the main cousin i hung out with. we did everything together. i used to joke about him being that one cousin, that damn if we werent cousins...lol. there was always that attraction there, but i thought that it was just me or that it was because we got along so well. this past weekend, i learned he had been attracted to me since we were 7, which was the first time we had met.

this past week i went to NY with my mother to visit some family, and it just happened. he ended up stayin with me at our other cousin's house, and while we were laying there (we've shared a bed many times in the past 13 years) he started caressing my back. this isnt completely out of the ordinary because the last summer i was there he stayed with me, and i fell asleep on his chest with him rubbing my back. but this time it just felt different, like i knew something was going to happen. and something did. caressing led to touching, led to feeling, led to kissing. and that was where i stopped it. i knew it was wrong, but i couldnt understand how something so wrong jsut felt so right. we had one of our great long deep conversations and then fell asleep in each others arms. the next morning i was takin him home, and when we got there we started kissing again, but this time i didn't stop it and we ended up having sex. but after like 5 min i stopped it again, all i kept thinkin was that we shouldnt be doing this, and i told him and we stopped. but now i just dont know what to do. i know i love him, but now im confused if i love him as a family member, or as something more...

2. SeaMack99

SeaMack99 OT Supporter

If it makes you fell any better I aint mad at ya. I wouldnt even worry about it. Im assuming the both of you are adults and knew what was going on. As long as it wasnt like 1st or 2nd cousins dont stress it.

Due to family ties I dont think a relationship would work but the both of you need to sit down and talk about what happend, and go from there.

3. quid

quid I Piss Excellence OT Supporter

i think thats pretty far down the family tree, it is still a bit taboo, and your kids may end up with 3 arms.

:hs:

4. BlackWRX

BlackWRX New Member

It's something that should be avoided just due to family, but 5th or 6th cousins isn't too much to worry about.

5. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

I know first cousins (their parents weres siblings) who slept with each other more than once.

I think you need to think about what would happen if you two entered into anything serious. What would your family say? Could you handle that?

6. DesignerAddic71

Some family would be accepting of it (there has already been suspicions over the years, and accusations which at the time were completely false), but i think his parents and my parents freak out. even though we are so far down the family tree, our parents were raised like siblings, so it feels like we are closer cousins than what we actually are. im almost certain there will be no relationship here because of that.

the wierd part is that im not even creeped out by this, but i think its because im somewhat completely desensitized to the act of sex, and men altogether.i just dont know how i let things get this way.

7. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

If there will be no relationship I wouldn't worry about it. You guys experiemented in your youth. A lot of people do. As long as no one is pregnant, put it down to experience and move on. Don't feel bad about it (and you don't so that is good) but also, don't feel bad because you aren't weirded out by this. Sometimes we can't control who we fall for :hsd:

8. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I think it's totally fine. It certainly isn't illegal.

9. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Cousin isn't 'far' from your family, this stuff is called incest. Children that spouse from these kind of situations often have genetic deformations due to inbreed. Both of you went too far, although its normal to share love for your family, i think that you two should have been more considerate towards your parents feelings. I know that if i knew that my child had slept with a cousin i would go completely beserk. What you need to do is to keep yourself out of trouble , and hide this stuff as best as you can away from your family, and talk to a psychiatrist about it. As said however both of you are adult, i fully hope that you understand the consequenses of your actions, you risk your whole family turning against you.

10. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

Not true. The occurance of deformities from having a kid with a relative are SEVERELY overstated. The problems tend to only arise if you have generation after generation of inbreeding, not from a single instance. Distant cousins have nothing to worry about except for societal taboos.

11. tehexile

tehexile New Member

12. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

Love is love :dunno:

13. DesignerAddic71

:hsnono:try to fight hatred with love. :love:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2005
  14. DesignerAddic71

ur absolutely right. me and him talked about it last night and it is completely understood that we will never tell anyone. honestly, this forum is the only place i feel comfortable enough to discuss it. we both agreed that if our parents found out they would kill us, and then put us in some sort of counseling (i'm not very religious, but that side of the family is and im sure they would make us see the Father as well as a therapist).

15. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

you're not gonna tell anyone but does that mean you're never gonna do it again?

16. johan

johan Active Member

I think you need to ask yourself if this is simply sexual exploration with someone who feels safe and comfortable and familiar, and is conveniently available

...OR...

is this a true love relationship that could blossom and bloom into something solid, something REAL, something you will be proud to openly show the world.

Because that is what a true love, a higher love should be. Or at least you ought to try for that.

So if its more the former than the latter...then chalk it up to "hmmm, I learned something about myself, and I have decided not to do that again".

And then go on living your life a little smarter, and hopefully a little bit wiser, too.

17. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Great great grandfathers were brothers? Is this a joke? You're not related, for all intents and purposes. There is ZERO increase in the risk for birth defects in your children. Frankly, it is very unusual for relatives so distant to think of themselves as cousins. Genetically, in a "blood sense," you're not any more related than you are to a stranger. So forget about that.

The only thing you might worry about is if this will upset your family... obviously for you to consider such a distant relative a full blown cousin means that your family is very tight. Other than that, though... there is no big deal to your distant relation. Its not wrong by any standard, religious, scientific, or otherwise.

Hit that shit again and again.

18. Imagine

Imagine New Member

I was actually watching something on one of the science channels about this not so long ago. The whole "birth defects" due to inbreeding is very rare, and even then it usually only happens in brother/sister type of relationships.

There have been MANY famous "Kissing Cousins" in History. Even Albert Einstein fell in love with a cousin. FDR and Elenor Roosevelts' were cousins. Prince Albert and Queen Victoria were as well. Thats just a few.

Don't buy into the whole incest with cousins BS. Your biggest concern should be how your family will accept the issue.

19. chunkylover53

chunkylover53 New Member

Royal families tend to be somewhat interbred, leading to some disorders such as hemophilia

20. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

GUYS... THEY ARE NOT COUSINS.

21. Achmiel

Achmiel Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullshi

You gotta ask yourself if you would do it again I think. Then go from there...

22. Kerberos

Kerberos New Member

I agree. Almost everyone in North America must be related at close to that level anyways. It's even worst in the south.:rofl:

23. Gandin

Gandin New Member

Yeah, that's BS. If you are truly that far apart, then there is absolutely nothing to worry about. Apparently your family is ridiculously close, but if you feel it is LOVE, or at least has potential, don't stop. Your family may have a problem with it (though, it's somewhat stupid) but if it is worth it, then hit that shit again.

24. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

We're all related...I was watching National Geographic the other day and they said science has traced the whole human race back to a small little tribe in Africa.

Party at my house...you're all family! You better come with gifts or I'm disowning you from the fam!

25. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

5th or 6th cousins are barely related. Don't worry about it. Hell, it's legal to marry a 2nd cousin.

The only thing to worry about, as MissKitty already said, is if the family is going to be weird about it.