so i had my first shitty mac weekend

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by adelacruz, Jun 16, 2008.

1. adelacruz

adelacruz New Member

I bought my mac book last September and it had basically been flawless except for boot camp until this weekend. I guess part of it was i used torrents to install leopard and it was sucking at reading the media i used although it hadn't given me a problem before.

Basically Saturday morning i decide to do a wipe and install because leopard was gaying up my permissions and having disk errors after i installed vmware fusion. I pop in my pirated leopard and it says that it cant install to the target drive, i figured it was just because of the disk errors and did a complete wipe which still didn't fix the problem. I then tried my tiger cd's which seemed to work until it couldn't read part of the disc since it was scratched, then my friend came over so i downloaded a new leopard torrent which seemed to work but then rebooted before installing and stopped working.

I ended up getting to my campus bookstore 2 minutes before closing and buying a student edition leopard which did the trick. So now im probably just buying upgrades instead of downloading them.

Also i found out that macs dont like dvd+r DL very much so from now on Ill be using dvd-r DL

2. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

as far as burning, my macbook will only do DL dvd+rs
    DL dvd-rs are usually not in stores anyways, you usually have to order them online. i don't think i've ever put a DL dvd-r in my macbook to test it out, never had one
    never had trouble with DL dvd+rs. actually, i copied my leopard onto a DL dvd+r and did the install from it, no problem
    could be your drive slowly going, hope not

[​IMG]

3. Jacen2141

Jacen2141 New Member

I've used Torrents as much as the next guy but I'd say you came out pretty good considering you were cheating the system. Can't really fault Apple for that :dunno:

4. adelacruz

adelacruz New Member

my first leopard install i used a dvd+r and it was fine it might be the brand media itself if anything, i just find it so strange.

yea im not really complaining about apple its just i kinda dont get how it happened it was kinda quick