WEB So i had an idea today

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by jizzmo, Sep 27, 2008.

1. jizzmo

jizzmo New Member

I was thinking about making a bunch of small websites form templates that relate to what people do around here in my city. say like one for the dog parks, and then post flyers at the parks. but on a much broader scale. Then hitting up local businesses for advertisements on those websites. think it's a profitable idea?

But if you just made like say 5 standard templates, then swapped out graphics for each subject. and made it with say drupal so you could have some interaction on the websites. I think it could work.

2. catpiss

catpiss Guest

There are still a lot of small businesses out there without websites. Come up with a marketing plan to sell them on your sites.

Here are some things to think about:
    -You don't want your clients to visit their local competition and notice they have pretty much the same site with different graphics/colors.
    -I think you would have better luck targeting certain industries. You could have custom tools that relate more to their business structure.

3. Die Antwoord

Die Antwoord New Member

It's a good idea -- but you'll soon find out it's a lot harder to actually get traffic to the sites.

4. jizzmo

jizzmo New Member

sounds like the first two posts didn't understand what i was saying. Build the websites for me and a select user group. market advertising space to local businesses. so say if you made a website for dogs parks in my area, then sell ad space to groomers, pet stores, etc.

5. catpiss

catpiss Guest

Ahh, I gotcha...

Then getting people to go to your site would be the biggest hurdle. You might find that you get more revenue with a google ad on your page than from the local affiliates...

6. symptic

symptic I run companies

It'd be better business to secure #1 Google rank for local-specific keywords and sell that placement to people.