So I guess the "matte" finish can peal off of a BlackBook

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by RedGoober4Life, Nov 21, 2006.

1. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

Anybody that has a MacBook knows that the front comes to a fairly sharp angle.

Well, after 4 months of use mine is starting to peal there. Not much, not enough to really notice, but I'm a bit concerned what the computer will look like after 3 years.

I figured I'd put this out there for anybody considering a black Macbook. This could be due in part to abrasions encountered when they replaced my top case, or it could just be normal wear and tear. Either way, underneath it doesn't look too bad--just shiny black plastic. I'm not really mad, I'm just surprised.

:)

2. SLED

SLED build an idiot proof device and someone else will

shitty dude, pics?

3. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

4. RedGoober4Life

I'll take pictures tonight. I think I'm going to send Apple a letter explaining what is happening so that they are aware of the problem. I can imagine this is going to happen to a lot of them.

5. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

this was a big problem with the launch, there were quite a few reviews that talked about it. I know the white-->cream problem was fixed within a month, I guess apple hasn't change thier style of problem.

I should check to see if my macbook pro's paint is chipping, oh wait :mamoru:

btw I payed about the same price you did, and got t wice the computer. Apple refurb ftw. Total was 2002 shipped, with acpp for basically the specs of the current middle model macbook pro, minus the core 2 duo but plus 256mb video ram.

Specs
    2.16 Core Duo
    100GB HD
    1GB ram
    256MB vram
    normal 15.4 widescreen (nonglossy)

etc etc.

Only problem was a nick the size of a pencil tip on the top right corner, barely noticeable.

6. colosodian

colosodian Next Gen

I paid 1500 for my blacbook, and it has 2gb ram. Video card is the only true advantage a MBP has. Dont really see how you got twice the computer if it was damaged when you got it.

7. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

if you consider a nick on the top of the case damaged, well then I just don't know what to say. It has no effect at all on performance.

And student discount on that macbook? Essentially, mine was 200 dollars more for dedicated video ram, 20gb more HD space, and a 2 inch larger screen. And you had more ram, which is where you win.

8. RedGoober4Life

Honestly if I could have purchased a 12" powerbook I would have.

9. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

new or refurb? I see a lot on refurb for rather cheaply, especially because they aren't intel.

10. RedGoober4Life