so i got to tear up some hardware today...for 'training'

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by aim2kill, Jun 7, 2008.

1. aim2kill

aim2kill New Member

the battalion had training on these today, we got to take the MTVR and hummer though a course testing breakover, high-speed (well high enough for 61k pound truck on a sharp corner) and then over another breakover. was fun. hills were built like dirtbike ramps and corners were burmed the same

ever rallied a humvee at someones elses expense? :fawk:

meh, i could have had worse saturdays at work...:wiggle:

61000lb MTVR Cargo
    [​IMG]

HUMVEE
    [​IMG]

and fun in a diffrent way, skytrak
    [​IMG]

2. spooney

spooney WTF Sony?

I love using a Skytrak probably the most handy piece of equipment ever made.

3. aim2kill

aim2kill New Member

was neat, but not as much fun as flooring a 61k pound Oskkosh MTVR. :mamoru:

however, for the Seabees the thing (especially armored) makes for a sweet tool in the field)

4. popsnbeer

popsnbeer New Member

jealousy has set in. Congrats, that sounds like a blast! I think the MTVR would be the most fun by far!

5. aim2kill

aim2kill New Member

yea, the MTVR was the SHIT to drive and corner. that thing was a fucking hoss.

the HUMMER would actually make the corner while maintaing speed, the sand was like 8in deep, so when you cut the wheel all the way to the stops and have it floored while your outside tires are plowing into the retaining birm, oh man. :wackit:

im definatly down for more of these 'training days' :fawk:

6. aim2kill

aim2kill New Member

oh man. im pretty sure if memory serves me i got out of the vehicles with a boner.....:eek4:

7. skeletor25rs

skeletor25rs Yetis & Deer

I ran skytrack all day Saturday. Definately a cool piece of equipment.
    The only time I got off of it someone else got on and ran into the building, delaying our job for about an hour :slap:

8. aim2kill

aim2kill New Member

:big grin:

yup, or so says the metal plate riveted inside the drivers door.

never looked um up online though

9. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

All I can think of when I look at those vehicles is, what the hell are we going to do with our military when we can't afford to buy oil anymore?

We'd better crank up the biodiesel production, like, right now. I hear it doesn't produce black soot either, even when mixed 50/50 with regular diesel. That's a plus; it keeps the engines cleaner.

EDIT: Okay, I lied. That's what my Lt. Col. of a father thinks when he sees those vehicles. I tend to agree, though.

10. aim2kill

aim2kill New Member

i agree our military vehicles all are fuel users, however, have you seen what the other mlitarys use for mobility? their vehicles (pakistan comes to mind) are rated for very low quantities of cargo, and are nowhere NEAR as capable. the MTVR i have seen do some very amazing things, like, assist in pulling out a caterpillar D8 bulldozer........not many vehicles have that ability in the world (granted it was also using the dozer, but alone the dozer was stuck) that can move such a heavy piece of equipment. when you are in the field you dont have time/ability to wait on appropriate gear, sometimes we have to make do with what we have, hence me very 'meh, might work' attitude.

after seeing other militaries of the world and the equipment they use, i understand why ours is better. other countries might have better equipment, but they cant deploy it, or as much of it, to beat us. the US wins via logistics. I agree though that very soon we need to be looking twards multi-fuel vehicles.....