So I got a number from a waitress the other day....

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Eko, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Eko

Eko New Member

and I don't really know how to approach it. I have seen her a few times and we talked. Even when she is not my waiter she comes over to my table and talks without me flagging her down. Yesterday we were talking about dogs(both dog lovers) and I told her I was looking for a new puppy(goldens 12 years old) and she kinda acted like she knew where one was. Well before I finished eating she walked over and gave me her number and told me to call her. Then when I was walking out the door she spotted me leaving(she was in the kitchen area I believe and run up and again told me to give her a call. How should I approach her when I call should I make it for the dog like I assumed she gave me her number for or should I switch from dog convo to ask her to grab a cup of coffee or something?

2. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

First of all, she is highly interested. You don't have to worry about "making her like you" because she already does.

Step 1: Plan the date.

Ideally this would be an activity that you enjoy. She is going to be very excited when she meets you for the date. Coffee or dinner is going to kill the excitement. I recommend an activity that you enjoy. If your city has a nice downtown area, a walk there can be really fun. This is just an example, its up to you to make your date plan.

Step 2: Call to Invite her on the Date

You want to give her a couple of days notice. So if the date is Thursday, call Monday or Tuesday. If you get voicemail, leave a short message (Hey this is Eko, Call me at xxx-xxx).

Tell her what you are doing at what time. "Hey I'm going bowling Thursday at 7:00. You are invited if you would like to go."

She's highly interested so she is going to want to go.

Don't chat with her. Get to the point and finalize all the details so you don't have to call back.

Step 3: Meet Her For the Date

Step 4: End the Date

End it early and at a high point. Don't hang around in hopes of sex occurring. If you don't make a move, sex isn't likely to happen. Many guys make the mistake of hanging around after the date is over and this sends her all the wrong messages.

Step 5: If you are still interested, go back to Step 1 for the next date.

3. Jackie Treehorn

Jackie Treehorn Active Member

Yail, question on the technique for date invitation. Your wording is interesting. "I'm going bowling, you are invited if you would like to go". This may make her question the nature of the meeting, no? I would expect her to ask "So are there going to be other people bowling with us?" It seems like you are creating an un-date like scenario. Isn't this a bad thing? It appears, at least in mind, to imply your intentions are platonic.

I'm probably picking this a part to much, as usual :o

4. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Are you supposed to go do the thing anyway and hope the chick shows up?

5. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Yeah, she really likes you, servers get hit on/numbers all day every day...you definitely stuck out.

6. God of Thunder

God of Thunder New Member

I don't know about you, but at our mall here in KC, we have pet store. If you have something the same, maybe your first date could be to the mall, walk around, then check out the pets?

7. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

She's highly interested. She wants to see you outside of her work.

Why are you insecure? Why are you analyzing every detail?

Change wording if you don't like it. Ask however you want, but its best to make it sound like you will be doing the activity regardless of whether she goes or not.

This is why many guys are successful calling her up and saying "Hey, I've got some shopping to do. Are you coming?" Doesn't really matter what the activity is because a highly interested woman will jump at the chance to see YOU.

She doesn't need more information other than the time and place.

8. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

It doesn't matter. If she agrees enthusiastically and doesn't try to change the date, odds are she will show.

If you do the invitation in the manner I describe, she will assume you have other women's numbers, and if she declines you will invite one of the them.

A highly interested woman will assume you have other prospects, and this works in your favor (even if you don't).

The date is an opportunity, and she either takes it or she doesn't.

9. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

And you cannot do anything that communicates desperation or neediness. If you do, you will kill that interest so fast it will make your head spin!

10. Jimeigh

Jimeigh Every rook and jay in the corvidae have been raven

glad i stumbled into this thread today, kinda confirmed what i thought would be good tactics. kudos and thanks

11. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Eh, I wouldn't even consider it tactics.

Its all pretty basic and straight-forward.

Your belief and confidence are most important.

All signs point to her being highly interested, and yet he is still acting insecure.

His belief is weak.

12. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Best advice ever from a female to a male in this forum.

13. Jimeigh

Jimeigh Every rook and jay in the corvidae have been raven

being basic and straight forward is itself a tactic, yes? in the past ive been confident etc and called a girl to set up a date, and after it was set up i let myself get suckered into a conversation about fried chicken tv dinners. :hsugh: shoulda just hung up.

14. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Yeah, she's interested. Call her up, keep it relatively short and sweet, but ask her on a date.

I would do something like a little small talk first, then "So anyway, you seem pretty cool, and assuming your parole officer will let you out, I think you should go on a date with me. How about Thursday, 8:00, meet at [upscale but quiet bar] and you can buy me a drink? No? well, twist my arm, you can buy me TWO drinks if you really have to make a big deal about it.... <laugh> Okay, really, it's on me. Sound good? Great! Have you ever been there before? No? Okay, We'll it's kinda nice so I'm going to dress up a little. You know, a tux and tails. <laugh> Kidding! But yeah, it's a nicer place, so don't wear cut-offs. :) Okay, great, I'll [pick you up/see you there] at 8:00. Bye."

Note the use of the word "Date." I personally think it's important - it lets her know your intentions.

Now, if she says yes, or says yes but suggests a different day/time, you're good.

If she makes ANY other excuse WITHOUT a counter offer, you're done. Tell her "Well, that's too bad, but I understand. Anyway, it was great talking to you, and I'll see you around. Bye." If she makes ANY excuse, she is saying "No, thank you, I'm being polite so please be polite and take the hint."

Simple.

Then go and be yourself and see how it works out. :x:

15. Eko

Eko New Member

I just like to hear it from other people at times. When I see other people I can spot who like who but when it involves me I just don't get to see that same view. When talking to her I did not try to act interested. This way it kept me from looking like I may be desperate and also make her work for it. What was really horrible was that day I got her number I was with my parents(they were in town and I invited them to grab some lunch. When my parents pick up that she liked me they kept talking about it and wanted to help...... They just didn't realize I was acting not interested for a reason.:hsd: To the point were I just wanted to punch my dad in the face but you can't blame them for not realizing things have change greatly with the dating world since they were young. She has thrown out many IOI's like one time I had not eaten in about a day :)dunno: just was busy) and I ordered some ribs:drool: . Of course I ate them and when I was done she picked up the napkin I used to wipe my hands/mouth and she said "Wow you really tore those up" or something like that but I was kinda like :eek3: because honestly what waitress is going to pick up some persons napkin and examine it? I have really negged her yet(not really much of a reason to) but I'm having a bit of trouble fighting myself back a bit(don't want to seem that interested). If I am talking to a person I really am not that attracted to then I do not have this trouble I can go on and play ball with no problems but when I feel like I can loose something I tend to hurt myself more than help myself. I am much better than I was years ago but that dragon tends to raise its head every once and a while. I'll give her a call and start off talking about the dog she mentioned and then I'll break off and ask her out somewhere. Still trying to figure out what to do because usually a nice cup of coffee and walk in the park has been my first date for the past few months because its an easy way to get talking/learn about one another.

16. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Don't neg her.

Tease her good-naturedly when the opportunity presents herself.

Negs are for when you are trying to pick up some super-hottie in a club.

17. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

whats a neg?

18. God of Thunder

God of Thunder New Member

19. Barbie™

Barbie™ New Member

Oh wow.
    I'm a waitress and i've never given my number out.

I've gotten a few numbers though, but i've never acted on them.... maybe I should have?

20. Jackie Treehorn

Jackie Treehorn Active Member

If you were interested, you would have. :dunno: On second thought, this is a good indication of why guys shouldn't waste their time giving out their[/b numbers to chicks

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  21. Chris90210

Chris90210 New Member

Pretty much a it is a PUA term that means to make fun of a girl in order to hurt her self esteem and raise your value up in her eyes. Like Yail said you mainly use them on stuck up bitches in clubs trying to pick them up.

22. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

update please sir

23. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson New Member

the above definition is mostly accurate, but more directly:

first and foremost, a neg is a false disqualifier. It is used to make the girl believe you are not hitting on her. This then causes the effects of Chris' post. It is NOT, however, making fun of her, either insulting or teasing. you should NEVER insult a girl, and when you tease a girl playfully, underneath the surface everyone knows you are actually hitting on her (although teasing is a competent way to do it). But since you are hitting on her, it is not negging. Hope that makes sense

24. Sybian

Sybian She's with me...

Funny, I met a waitress this Thursday myself. I want to call her and invite her out but I have no idea when my next day off is. :rant: