So I got a little routine... insight?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Inferno, Jul 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inferno

Inferno New Member

Alright, well i started back up in doing weights/cardio. I wanna loose like 50lbs of fat and gain some muscle. Now, im fat, and my goal is to be bulky with no beer belly or anything.

Anyways, the personal trainer guy told me to do this routine for a month:

every other day do

3x10 chest press
    3x10 upper back
    3x10 leg extensions
    3x10 leg curls

and 30 min cardio before or after workout.

He told me after a month we'll get into specific workouts, so I'm assuming that he wants me to get my core into shape a bit?

My main question is, how the fuck do I know when to go up in weight, and what weight I should start lifting. It seems like everyday I can do a different ammount of weight, it's weird. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks

2. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

jesus fucking christ, that routine is shit....

archives/stickies for a real routine

3. Inferno

Inferno New Member

yeah I know its really simple but this is just to build up my core, im assuming :hs:

This is what the trainer guy told me to do, and he seemed pretty broly himself, so what the fuck is with the difference in opinons?

4. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

First off, leg ext/curls are retarded for someone at your level. You need to focus on compound movements like squats, deadlifts, RDL's, bench press, rows, pull-ups, military press, etc.

Secoondly, archives/stickies for a real routine.

5. Inferno

Inferno New Member

explain why theyre retarded for somebody like me? Not tryin to argue, I just wanna learn wtf you mean by that

6. Kirk Hinrich

Kirk Hinrich New Member

i cannot believe people get PAID to give you this kind of advice

fucking PTs :uh:

7. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

You do not have what is known as a "base" and those exercises are "isolation" exercises. To build a decent base you must focus on compound lifts and they will also do a ton more for strengthening "you core" then any isolation movement will at this point.

yea its fucked up aint it

8. Inferno

Inferno New Member

Alright.. so i should probably stick with the chest press and upper back, but then do squats and something else instead of the leg machines?

9. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

chest press = bench press?

don't use machines, free weights are better

10. Psyc0

Psyc0 TTKA

Personal Trainers are terrible.. at least most of the ones that I've dealt with.

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=1574598

I'd recommend that routine... good, simple, helps build "your core" fairly quickly. Thats what I started on as well as a bunch of others on this board. Doesn't seem like much but if you do it right you will feel it

11. Inferno

Inferno New Member

yeah, same shit, and i'll use freeweights then.

Okay, so can you give me a quick routine that will put muscle on most major areas? I dont want a routine where i'll have to spend 2 hours working out per day, every day. I heard that muscles burn calories 24/7 and are much more effective in helping me loose fat then cardio is, so I want to put muscle on most of the areas where i have the most fat (gut, thighs, arms). So shouldnt I do ab crunches also, if what I heard is true?

12. Psyc0

Psyc0 TTKA

Do the routine that I just posted and do cardio 3-4 times a week... Also, make sure your diet is in check. By far the most important thing with losing fat is diet. I don't care how much more you work out and how much more cardio you start doing, if you aren't strict on your diet its not going to work out.

13. Inferno

Inferno New Member

cool, I guess I'll try that. now just answer my question in the original post and ill be set (hopefully) :love:

14. Inferno

Inferno New Member

awww nigga, awww. My diet could be better. I've tried improving it but its so mother fucking hard :mad: It's not that I eat fatty foods often, because I don't, but its the cookies and shit here and there that I think is killing me. I fucking LOVE meat and potatoes, so I eat that the most.. so I'm not sure if thats good or bad. I know that meat = protien = good but potatoes are carbs.. :dunno:

15. Inferno

Inferno New Member

suck my dick frenchie. how do you figure im weakminded? i go to school, have a job so im busy. Just because i dont want to spend 2 hours in the gym everyday doesnt mean im lazy or weakminded. die in a mother fucking piranah infested lake

16. Phineas Q Stork

Phineas Q Stork Active Member

i wish kotu would die already

17. Inferno

Inferno New Member

oh, fuck you. im not about to give up and i never have. Ive been doing cardio 4-5 times a week for months, dick head, and ive lost a lot of weight, but now im trying to gain some muscle. I admitt, i did give up on lifting weights before, but thats only because I was even more swamped with shit back then. my house was broken into, had no insurance, car broke, school, tryin to find a job, etc.

18. Inferno

Inferno New Member

i havent stopped going to the gym since november in 05 fuck face. I bought a one year gym membership. so fuck you and let the people that actually want to help me, help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.