So i got a generic brand rotary for $100

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by SoySauciAl, Oct 27, 2006.

1. SoySauciAl

SoySauciAl Guest

very good for rougher cars.. buffed everything out on a low speed then polish and remove swirls with pc. the lowest speed worked better than the pc on speed 6 with a medium cutting pad! lol. worked wonders and save me a lot of time.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2006
  2. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Yeah, a rotary is going to be faster than the PC, just be careful around trim and the tops of fenders.

4. SoySauciAl

SoySauciAl Guest

waaaaay faster and i only stay at 1000-2000 rpms.. careful at edges doing it at the lowest speed if i have to.

5. Scottwax

I'm probably going to get a rotary this winter, I've been doing a lot more Audis and Corvettes and even with a Cyclo, it can be slow going if the paint is heavily swirled.

I'd advise following any rotary work with the PC or Cyclo for the final polish to make sure you don't leave any holograms-which is where the new Poli-Seal, aka Opti-Seal by Optimum is so good. Enough cut to remove light marring and swirling, plus it leaves 3-4 months protection. Great way to follow any polishing, and you can use it as a stand alone sealant or as a base for a carnauba or maybe Werkstatt AJ or Trigger.

6. SoySauciAl

SoySauciAl Guest

trust me.. you'll be able to work a lot faster! the pc with meguair yellow polishing pad + 3M swirl remover 3000 on speed 5 seems to get rid of the holograms amazingly with barely any efford. I think im becoming a 3M junkie.. there line of compounds, swirl remover, glaze, and polish is all i ever use frequently.. but i guess i havent really tried that many product out there.. its hard to try something new when something is working well for you.. :)

7. MartyFukstein

MartyFukstein OT Supporter

The problem with rotaries is most are used for one step application. It's nearly impossible to buff contoured areas and tight spots without leaving holograms.

Hack shops wax over the holograms, the swirls show a month later, and customers are soured on having their cars professionally detailed. Fuck!

8. Scottwax

No shit, Moritz BMW/Cadillac is well know for applying wax with rotaries and wool pads. Fucking idiots. :mb:

9. SoySauciAl

SoySauciAl Guest

holograms come right out with 2-3 passes with a DA and swirl remover.

10. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

:noes: This from the guy who not three years ago was still doing EVERYTHING by hand!

11. SoySauciAl

SoySauciAl Guest

DAMNIT! I got that at a paint store for $100! o well. i like it.. its lighter than the name brand ones.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2006