So i got a first date tomorrow, but its an odd situation......

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by babar, Jan 15, 2009.

1. babar

babar Active Member

Background:

At halftime of the UF-Oklahoma game I was standing up talking on my cell phone, and this girl a section over is on hers...we catch eyes and she gives me a big smile and wave....i waved back. 10 minutes later...all of a sudden she's right outside my row. we start chatting for a bit....we talked maybe for a couple minutes, but she was surprised that i was only 23, with her being 28. She's beautiful btw. anyways i got her number, and we're going out tomorrow night.

Why this is odd:

So basically i graduated from UF a few months ago, and in that time i've been filling out 21 medical applications and traveling across the U.S. for interviews (its basically a full-time job). Unexpectedly and to my surprise I just got accepted into my school of choice. So im done with all that shit, and now im jobless (currently looking). I don't start medical school for 5 months. I am also in the process of moving my shit down from gainesville to south florida looking for an apt. I AM LIVING WITH THE RENTS. She on the other hand is a highshcool teacher....she's got a full-time job, and probably has her own place. She knows nothing about me pretty much.

So tomorrow night when we make small talk, haha how do i tell her this. It's almost embarrassing. I mean i know potentially i look good, but its hard to tell a girl who has a full-time job and most likely has her own place that im unemployed and living at home (god it sucks to say that).

How would you girls react?

UPDATE:

So the date starts off great as soon as she walks out the door. This girl is better looking than i remember...shes beautiful. I open the car door for her, and im walking around she leans over and opens mine (wow this is starting awesome). As soon as we start driving i notice she has a great personality, can really carry a conversation. She even mentions that she's actually 30. At this point I could give a fuck, she's perfect. But then im thinking to myself how is a girl like this even single, there's gotta be something really bad here. As the night goes on, i realize this girl cannot and will not shut the fuck up. She was nice, we lauged together a bit, but i could not converse with her, it was me listening to life story after life story. All i was thinking was how i wanted to shove my dick down her throat just to get her to be quiet. So we went out to dinner at a mexican restaurant, then went to a buddha lounge and drank some hot tea (she had a bit of a cold). Finally bring her back to her place, walk her to the door. I just gave her a kiss on the cheek and hug goodbye. There wasn't much chemistry to plant a nice wet one on her considering that all i did was learn about her entire frikkin life tonight. She's really busy so i told her to call me sometime if she'd like to do something next week. I don't care enough to make the effort myself.

Im gonna give it one more go if she calls, hoping that maybe it was first-date jitters or something. But if there is no hooking up involved, i think that will be that.

i really thought i was getting poon tonight........

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  2. babar

babar Active Member

im gonna tell her the truth, just wanna hear reactions.

3. MarshyTheKid

MarshyTheKid New Member

Why do you need to tell her on the first date? If it comes up, tell her and the reasons.

4. babar

babar Active Member

haha trust me. she's 28. she's gonna want to know wtf im doing.

5. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

what's embarrassing about going to med school?

6. teep

teep New Member

just tell her you're in between school and places. that sounds pretty reasonable to me. i know plenty of kids that went back home for a little bit between college and grad school. you're going to be a doctor. that in itself can be a pretty good panty dropper :dunno:

7. MarshyTheKid

MarshyTheKid New Member

Then say "I graduated from UF and I'm going to be starting med school at ___ in 5 months. I've been going around on interviews, etc"
    I dunno, I wouldn't be like "Hi! I'm Babar, I have no job and living with my parents. Want to do appetizers?" I'm not saying lie to her or lead her on or anything, just tell her on the second or third date if there is one.

8. babar

babar Active Member

saying IM UNEMPLOYED LIVING WITH MY PARENTS is never easy.

9. babar

babar Active Member

:cool:

10. chloe

chloe New Member

hmmmm, one of my coworkers (teacher) is 28, and recently single. she's been on teh prowl for younger dudes. she doesn't want a committment, just fun. maybe you've found her. if so, she won't care that you're with the rents. she'll think it's "cute." then she'll do you.

11. babar

babar Active Member

:naughty::bowdown:

12. Alaya

Alaya Active Member

Seriously, if you tell her what's up, any reasonable human being will understand. It's not like you're some bum that lives in your parent's basement with no aspirations/aren't going anywhere. YOU GOT INTO THE MED SCHOOL OF YOUR CHOICE FFS!

Her: So, what do you do?
    You: Actually I just got done with filling out apps for med school for months, got into my school of choice [:bowdown:], sort of in transition right now, will be moving to <sfalkdfj> in a couple months.
    Her: Wow! That's great! Congrats.
    Now you're set up.
    If/when "where you live comes up," you'll already have that explained, just say, "Yeah, I'm in transition right now getting ready to move, so I'm living at my parent's house for a couple months."

bada bing bada boom

13. babar

babar Active Member

wam bam thank u mam

14. uneek

uneek OT Supporter

I don't think you need to qualify living at your parents', there's nothing wrong with it. I don't see much point to moving out unless you need to move for work, are married, or have a bad relationship with your family.

15. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I don't see why you care so much?

You should be proud of your situation and know going into this date that it's just a date, not your future wife. Have fun and when it comes up what you do you tell her your situation :dunno: It's not that weird.

16. babar

babar Active Member

i tend to overreact....that's why i make my threads. OT keeps me grounded.

17. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:mamoru: She is 28 years old about to go on a date with a hot 23 year old she met for 5 seconds at a football game. I'm just going to say right now...she's probably in it for the ass, not commitment.

18. Ideotique

Ideotique Drinking on monday nights does not make me an alco

Yeah, don't think she's looking for a serious relationship

But I was in the same boat, had to move back in with the parents after a job change and an impending overseas trip (didn't want to sign a 1 year lease on a place I was not going to be in for 4 months) and it wasn't an issue. When it came up just said "yeah, used to live in xyz (nice suburb) but changed jobs and got back from overseas and haven't found a new place yet. Trust me, I'm looking" and it was fine.

19. babar

babar Active Member

im taking us out to a restaurant on the beach....very moderate. eat, maybe walk on the beach a bit....then might meet another couple at a bar for a couple drinks....profit?

20. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

Wow, this totally isn't even an issue. The last thing I'd care about if I got into my top choice med school is if the girl cares I'm living at home before I train to be a doctor. Pretty sure she'll here "med school" and stop caring too. Congrats btw, I'm still on the long road to getting in, and yes, secondaries are a bitch.

21. babar

babar Active Member

:rofl: classy OT. but yea.....that is pretty much what would happen

22. babar

babar Active Member

I completed 21 secondaries in 30 days. :wtc:

23. Two toys

Two toys New Member

I date career oriented women all the time, 5-6 years older than me. i'm broke and live with my grandma, they usually pay for things and dont really care. dont get me wrong I've worked in the past and lived on my own. i'm in no way incapable, I have goals and i'm still working towards them, i've just been struck by a string of unfortunate events combined with the crippling economy. point being, if you have goals and arent a complete bum and can back it up with a good personality you shouldnt have any problem. be mature, treat her well and in my experience you'll be fine.

24. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

Impressive, did you apply early as well? My goal is also going to be about a secondary per day, maybe just all out on them during the week and take a break on the weekend.

25. babar

babar Active Member

kind of i guess, finished all my secondaries in late october....been doing interviews ever since.