So I got a date set up with this girl

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by tubachris85x, Aug 15, 2008.

1. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

Made a thread awhile ago (somehow ended up in the asylum, I dunno why). Met this girl through that OKcupid site. Started talking to her probably 3 weeks ago? Texting 95% of the time, but occasionally talk on the phone (at her parent's place helping them move, but says that they are very protective of her when it comes to people they havent met, and would harrass her if they see her talking to me)

Anyways, so far, shes a very cool person. Yes, I know we still have to meet in person, but Im liking her personality, and she seems to really dig me as well. Set up a date the day after she gets back, and Im really looking forward to it.

Now there is one thing that's really conficting me, and I dont know if Im just over reacting or not. She told me the first night, that she very casually smoke pot. She says once or twice a month at most. Initially, this was a major turn off for me. I told her this directly, and she said she understands why, for obvious reasons. I told her, however, that I will respect what she does on her own time, if she respects me enough to NEVER bring it near me and or try to get me involved.

Since that time she told me that (first convo online with her) She has NEVER even brought it up. I honestly would have not even known she did if she never told me. She seems to have to her head on straight and knows her shit pretty well. At least she was upfront about it.

Other then that, Im really interested in meeting her, and looking forward to it.

EDIT: Sorry, I realized that I didnt really ask a question. I guess it goes to the whole pot thing, am I overreacting?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  2. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Well pot isn't a big deal at all, though it is your right to not want it near you or smoke it. She seems to be respecting that so who cares.

Mind you it has probably been really simple for her not to bring pot around you so far since you two haven't actually met at all :rofl:

3. dan7532

dan7532 New Member

If you've never met her, just say you don't smoke, do go all bonkers about it being a huge turn-off to you.

4. Vysion

Vysion New Member

OMG it's just pot... it's not cigarettes, crack, heroine, or meth... chill out a little. :run:

5. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

lol well, duh...

Its so much the legal factor that Im uneasy about.

6. :f13nd15h:

:f13nd15h: Gangstah fo' lyfe

Its not gonna work out.

She smokes pot. Which means she's liberal.

You are very adamant about even being around it.

7. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

Well, we'll just have to wait and see

8. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

:rofl:

9. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

If she's an occasional toker and not dealing or anything there shouldn't be an issue.

I know plenty of people who don't smoke it in front of their SO. More because they don't want to look like a laughing idiot in front of them, (the legal issue isn't really an issue here in Canada) some of which are happily married if that helps.

10. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

lol, I joked with her at first, saying that if we were in canada, I wouldnt mind as much, Ive been to nova scotia before, and yea lol. She told me she only does it with her roomate, in their house. Says she refuses to do it anywhere else and alone when doing so.

11. Vysion

Vysion New Member

I believe cigarettes and alcohol are both way more addictive and dangerous than marijuana, yet weed is the illegal substance.

Only reason marijuana is illegal is because of all the false propeganda produced in the early 1900's because American's were trying to kick out all the Mexican immigrants that were bringing marijuana into the US.

Fuck, you just made me go offtopic... sorry TS, not trying to hi-jack your thread.

12. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

Your cool bro :cool:

This is the primary reason why I am uneasy about it.

13. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

14. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Things that stuck out to me:
    1. You just broke up with a girl whose family parents greatly disliked you. You already are thinking of getting into a relationship with a girl who admits her parents are extremly overprotective of who she dates?
    2. You make it sound as if your initial irl meeting will mean you two will get together. Have you already just decided you'll date the next girl who gives you the time of day?
    3. Just hope you aren't putting a lot of stock into this date, it sounds like you are what with the constant calling and texting to her before the date.
    4. So she tells you she rarely smokes pot and that bugs you. That's fine, you are entitled to your own dislikes...but you have to realize that she
    -could be lying to you about how often she smokes it
    -now that she knows you hate it she could try and hide it from you
    -as much as you say it won't bother you (as long as she doesn't smoke it in front of you) you are in denial if you think it won't bug the shit out of you eventually if one night she decides to smoke with friends and leaves you out

To summarize, I worry you are building this chick way up and focusing on only her (you tend to do that) and because you are focusing all your time on her you are missing out on other women and also setting yourself up for trying to seriously date her because you don't think you have any other options and because you spent so much time on her already.

Oh well, I await the details from your date.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  15. Vysion

Vysion New Member

I've tried non-heavy use of pot, cigarettes, and alcohol, and this is the order I would rate the addicting feeling... cigs > alcohol > pot.

Any substance that is heavily used can give people withdrawl symptoms... I just recently stopped drinking soft drinks filled with sugar and caffine... major withdrawl going from several cans/bottles a day to quiting cold turkey.

16. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

And any substance that is non-heavily used can cause those lesser addicting feelings. For YOU that is YOUR rating, but you cannot apply YOUR experience to everybody.

It always cracked me up how self-righteous pot smokers are about their pot and how they look down on people who smoke tobacco (if they themselves don't do it) and to me that's retarded.

17. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

This is a constant debate that will never be settled, but I have absolutely no problem not smoking pot, I don't touch it for a long time just out of the blue, then buy some, smoke it, run out of it, don't crave it at all.

Oh how I wish quitting smoking was that simple.

18. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Honestly, BEFORE I became insanely addicted to smoking (say, in my first year of smoking) I could do the exact same thing with cigarettes.

Pitting one as worse than the other is just narrow. They are probably about the same. And one person looking down on the other because their addictions are different is also narrow.

19. iwishyouwerebeer

*cough*stop talking about pot and focus on the date aspect*cough*

(pun not intended with the coughs...)

20. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

dude chill.

don't turn into her dad. she's not gonna like it.

21. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

Oh I didnt mean to come off as if Im banking on this as being my only option for dating. Im still open either way. As for the family thing, yes, I am very weary of going through that again, but the biggest difference, is that she is not living with them and older. That dosnt excuse the family by any means, but my ex's situation just made me want to break someone's face in.

To clear it up, SHE broke up with me. She cheated on me as well.

Sorry if it sounds as if Im dating "the next girl who gives me the time of day," but thats not the case. Ive been talking to other girls as well, some through okcupid and others Ive met in person. She just seems to be the most straight edge of them all, and so far appears to have a great personality, minus the pot thing.

All the other's Ive been talking to, well one for example, has so much emotional baggage, it's not even funny, where another one just wants to fuck anything that moves and says wants to have a serious relationship, but gets pissed when anyone tries to get with her :ugh:

I admit I may be putting alot into this, but I'll just have to see what happens. Im not going to lower my standards, and if she's not someone I want to keep dating, then I wont.

22. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

I don't look down on either. But I've been smoking pot for a hell of a lot longer then cigarettes. And at times went years being stoned constantly every day. Then just one day put the bong down and had never craved them. I nic out easily if I don't have smokes.

Some people are just able to get addicted to things easily, such as obese people that are addicted to food. Normal people can eat normally and not constantly want to stuff their face 24/7. Pot would be the same, so I don't think it is fair to say it is addictive when it isn't to most people.

Edit: I'll drop it though, just wanted to say that. I have to go eat a (pot) cookie and dig out my tent

23. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

I'll reply to that in the social thread.

24. Vysion

Vysion New Member

I'm not a pot smoker nor a tobacco smoker.

25. iwishyouwerebeer

:bigthumb: