So I get 2k for a laptop for grad school...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by marxwa99, Mar 21, 2004.

1. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

...as a graduation gift.

I pocket whatever is not spent of the 2k so I'm trying to find a laptop that will do what i need it to without goin overboard.

Is there a noob thread or something that gives some general info about what to look for in a laptop like how there is a noob thread in like F&N for example.

Really i just need it to be able to burn cds quickly, browse the internet (wireless) with ease. But i want one where it won't be too outdated (as impossible as that is nowadays in a year's time) and will be able to run programs efficiently as it grows older.

I know this is general but thought I would give it a try as i want to save as much as that 2k i can for travelling this summer.

Any advice, links, etc. is welcome. Thanks :hs:

2. aphoric

aphoric Even if god did exist, it would be necessary to ab

Dude, get a Dell, they are priced from $699-$5k usually, I have owned 3 Dell laptops and 4 desktops, I would not buy another brand of laptop...

3. RobsMob

RobsMob Guest

IBM ThinkPad :bigthumb:

4. Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid New Member

I'm a sucker for the apple laptops. :hs: I've never had any problems with them, and they interface just fine with any PC that I've had on a network.

BTW. I'm pretty much anti-apple on their desktops, but their notebooks=teh win for me.

5. plat

plat New Member

i'd get one of those IBM Centrino ones. shit gets like 9 hours on batteries :eek:

6. aznboi320

aznboi320 OT Supporter

7. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

the 600m one is the one i think i will end up purchasing. I don't really want to spend more than 1400 cause i want to spend the other 600 on a ticket to london...

I will probably end up purchasing it in the summer/fall in hopes that prices may have dropped.