MMA So I gas easily, but then have energy like 2 minutes later?? wtf

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by joechunkybutt2, Feb 10, 2006.

1. joechunkybutt2

joechunkybutt2 New Member

Wondering if this is normal and if you guys have suggestions on improving this:

When I train, I can go like (this is after warming up for 30 minutes, etc) 4 minutes of full contact sparring before i start getting really tired. If i go another 2 minutes I can barely keep my hands up.

Its the kind of tired where I feel almost like puking and can't catch my breathe.

THe weird part however is that after 3 minutes of resting I'm usually back and have tons of energy and power again.

Do you think that my lung capacity is weak? (My lung did collapse a few years ago when i was just sitting around one day with friends, but I got that fixed after going to the hospital) Maybe i'm not breathing right when I spar? Because its not like my muscles are giving out on me cuz i have power and energy once i rest for a little.

2. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

you're probably going 100% the whole time you're sparring. You need to relax and explode at the right times.

3. joechunkybutt2

joechunkybutt2 New Member

I think you may be right. I'm definitely not going 100% in terms of power. But i spar with people who are very smothering when they spar, so if they get one hit in they'll go for 5 more and I have to react quickly. I've also noticed that the adrenaline really tires me. Almost like if I'm burning my fuel just from mentally being 100% aware of their entire body movement and watching with complete focus.

4. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

I think its a matter of conserving your energy better. And yes chechen is right, being explosive will help you use it more efficiently.

5. deadbolt

deadbolt New Member

wrd

6. raxton

raxton .

the first two night of bjj for me i puked (controlled) after sparring. so i started running alot more and now its not a prob but i still really tire fast due to bad technique and focusing too much on power.

I love this sport!