MMA So I fought last night...on 30 min notice

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Optamix, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Optamix

Optamix New Member

*EDIT* ALL VIDEOS ARE AT THE BOTTOM NOW.

Next time Ill wait until they are uploaded before I make a thread

This was so ghetto. I was at an event that my GF was doing the ring girl thing for and my instructor(I haven't been to class in about 3 months though because of no money,etc) came to me and said that he had a new guy training with him that just came from another gym(so I don't know him).

He was in good shape, getting his blue in December and this was his first fight.

He had a lot of people coming in to watch(it was his first fight) and a whole gym didn't come to the show so like 5 guys lost their fights. The day before they confirmed, then they didn't show.... fucking lame. I heard that all the promoters that were there are no black balling this gym from their shows at least.

So he asked if I would be interested in fighting an exhibition fight with him.

I purposefully didn't bring my equipment so I would do this...well fuck.

Sure, I'll fight. I ran to walmart and got a mouth piece. Went to the hotel across the street and asked them to microwave a cup of water to form it.

I borrowed some shorts and a cup from another friend. So now I'm ready.

Its his first fight but he is in good shape and a tough kid.

It was my 17th, I'm kind of a panzy and in horrible shape. Looks fair on paper at least, lol.

It was unified rules but my instructor didn't want me to use elbows so we agreed on that.

I tried not to blow my load so I wasn't aggressive at all(not a big deal for me, I'm normally not). I got the the take downs, stayed on top for the most part.

In the end of the first round I popped his ankle with a toe hold. There was NO way this kid was coming out for the second round. NO WAY. I saw/heard it pop. Fucker came back out.

Well damn, take him down again, defend the guillotine and pass his guard. Then I kept digging for the damn ankle lock. I gave up side mount a few times, it was dumb. But I was just knew if I could crank on it hard again he would have to give up.

The third round I was about to die. I've done NOTHING physical for 3 months. I got the take down and just kinda.. LnPed it. He went for an arm bar(that was close) and I got out and at the very end had me in a triangle, that while hard to breathe, wasn't on the neck. There is a good argument he won the third round I guess because of the subs.

It took forever to come to a decision and they gave it to him.

My trainer( and his trainer too, but like I said I had never met him) came up to me after the fight and said that I won it but since it was an exhibition it went to him being his first fight and all. It was kinda close anyway I guess, especially with his sub attempts in the third..

After the fights he was in the dressing room and his ankle was the size of a baseball. Tough fucking kid, tons of heart.

Im editing and uploading the video now. Give me about an hour on it. My GF forgot she was supposed to film so she only got the last min of the first round and then the rest of it, lol.

So you miss my awesome triangle set up from rubber guard, the video starts in the middle of the triangle attempt.

Round 1 (last min and 40 seconds of it, GF forgot she was supposed to film).

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Kxu256KIcbY

Round 2

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Lb9rEOtoQZE

Round 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PszLr0LRRT4

Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  2. If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.

pics of girlfriend in ringgirl outfit?

3. Optamix

Optamix New Member

I actually forgot to take them :(

But Im sure they will turn up. I've got the photograher sending me the pictures today on myspace, I'll tell her that shes my GF. I'm sure she will have some. She looked hot though :naughty:

4. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

sucks you didnt get the nod, but god damn, you got cajones taking a fight with a lunch break notice.

5. TQ

TQ OT Supporter

Mad balls son. :bowdown:

6. Optamix

Optamix New Member

I don't mind. It doesn't go on my record and he had like 20 poeple drive a long way to watch the fight. And its not like I murdered him.

By the middle of the second round I was so tired I could barely move. I knew if I didn't finish this fight in the first it was going to be a long long night.

No making fun of me in the third round...I was DEAD. I couldn't even jerk my arm out from between his legs at one point to hit him some more :mamoru:

I just rewatched it, I think he won the third round even though I was on top. He was throwing some bombs from the bottom that hurt and the sub attempts.

I won the first 2 though. That kid was fucking TOUGH. I folded his ankle at one point.

There were a few times when I could have let my hands go more on the ground but I was trying to not blow a lot of energy because I knew I was out of shape.

And at some point MS started doing 4 min Am rounds...wtf. That caught me off guard, lol. I was expecting for 3 min rounds.

7. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

its amazing how fast your cardio goes. I took a month and a half off and just got back in and my cardio is back to square one. cant believe it.

8. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

Nice work stepping in with the kid. You know as well as I do preparing for your first fight is a bit of a headfuck and to have it be a no show woulda sucked hardcore especially with people coming to see you fight.

9. Optamix

Optamix New Member

The one good thing I saw about my self in this fight is my take downs looked good.

I had a shitty one in the first round where I did that "duck my head and run at them) but the ones from the later rounds where decent. I was proud of my self about that :)

But yea...no cardio BLOWS.

10. Optamix

Optamix New Member

Round one is up, just waiting for it to process.

11. A-NON-A

A-NON-A New Member

. :bowdown:

12. Optamix

Optamix New Member

:wiggle:

13. Optamix

Optamix New Member

The last min and 40 seconds of round one.

My girlfriend forgot she was supposed to film lol.

I had an awesome setup into this triangle from rubber guard, I hate she missed that.

Other rounds are uploading now.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Kxu256KIcbY

14. Titus

Titus New Member

damn you got some balls to take a fight w/ 30 mins notice. gotta respect that..

15. Optamix

Optamix New Member

16. miek

miek New Member

:rofl: I love you Optamix. Taking a fight on 30 minutes notice is fucking badass :bowdown:

17. Optamix

Optamix New Member

:wiggle:

I'm sore as shit today though. All bruised up on the side of my head near my temple and my shin is fucked from kicking him.

I just talked to my trainer and he said that the guys ankle has a pretty bad sprain and to say hes sorry he got the nod. I really don't mind, I'm happy for him.

Second round is taking forever...as soon as its up I'll post it.

I was doing my best impression of Arona in the last round, lol.

18. Optamix

Optamix New Member

19. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

u r tough nigga

20. Optamix

Optamix New Member

And I'm hot too.

21. Unknown User

Unknown User New Member

What art did you learn and how long did you practice it?

22. Optamix

Optamix New Member

BJJ 3 years.

MT 2 or so.

23. DOHChi

DOHChi New Member

dont hate on your tkd :mad:

24. VulgarTheClown

VulgarTheClown A child and a gun.....go together like apple pie a

It was a nice active fight.

I'd still whoop ya.